Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Loophole vs 7Sage LR curriculum

in General 144 karma

Hey Guys. I went through Ellen Cassidy's the Loophole first. When I was going through 7sage's course, I skipped the LR section as it was already covered in the Loophole. I am wondering whether that was a good idea. Is the 7Sage LR section skippable if you have already gone through the Loophole? Should I go over the 7Sage LR section as well?

Comments

• jaea6195jaea6195 Core Member
    67 karma

Loophole first 8 chapters then 7Sage curriculum. Don't do all of the problem sets after each question type though. 1 or 2 with extensive review then keep moving.

• 24 karma

@jaea6195 Is there a reason for why one should only do the first 8 chapters? I'm on chapter 3 now. Are the chapters after 8 garbage? Just curious!

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I feel like this is a very subjective question. If you read through the Loophole (as I did) and feel like you have a really strong understanding of Logical Reasoning then you probably don't have to. At the very least I would do a good chunk of the problem sets 7sage has in the LR curriculum, and then decide from there. The Loophole's concept of powerful vs provable definitely has helped me and now whenever I encounter a question on a PT I say "powerful or provable to myself" lol

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

JY's explanation for the answer choices are undefeated.

I would still consider going through the LR curriculum with JY.

• 144 karma

Hey @tanned_surfer333, I don't think so. Chapters 9- 12 are really valuable IMHO. Probably the most valuable part of the book.