Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are you all taking the LSAT Flex? (Location??)

daimorrodaimorro Member
in General 75 karma

Hi!

I'm curious as to where you all plan to take the LSAT flex. I live with other people and want to find a place that's quiet with stable wifi but I'm unsure where to start...

Comments

• NickNefsakNickNefsak Member
    43 karma

I'm taking mine at home. I just asked my wife to let me get two-three hours that day alone in the house. My office is in a front room with no doors so I can't have her or our little terrorist running in and out of there. Is it a lot to ask your roommates to bail out for a few hours on the day of your test?

Supposedly LSAC will reimburse some people for the cost of a hotel, but hotel WiFi is almost always spotty in my experience. Do you have friends that live alone that might let you use their house/apartment for a few hours?

• Joanna.BJoanna.B Member
    50 karma

I may be taking the LSAT in a study room at my local university, the Wi-Fi is better there and it is much quieter than my house. There are also computer rooms there if my laptop has a poor connection.

• daimorrodaimorro Member
    75 karma

@NickNefsak said:
    I'm taking mine at home. I just asked my wife to let me get two-three hours that day alone in the house. My office is in a front room with no doors so I can't have her or our little terrorist running in and out of there. Is it a lot to ask your roommates to bail out for a few hours on the day of your test?

Supposedly LSAC will reimburse some people for the cost of a hotel, but hotel WiFi is almost always spotty in my experience. Do you have friends that live alone that might let you use their house/apartment for a few hours?

That's so funny haha! I never heard about the LSAC reimbursing people but that sounds amazing - I'll definitely look into that! Thank you for your response :)

• daimorrodaimorro Member
    75 karma

@"Joanna.boyerd" said:
    I may be taking the LSAT in a study room at my local university, the Wi-Fi is better there and it is much quieter than my house. There are also computer rooms there if my laptop has a poor connection.

That's a smart idea! Thank you!

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    317 karma

@Daimorro: Yes, it's true. LSAC will reimburse you for the cost of a hotel room. Only one thing, you will have to take the writing portion within that same day.

• bananabacabananabaca Member
    41 karma

@"JY Disciple" What do you mean that you would have to take the writing portion the same day if you want to take the test in the hotel? I am going to take my LSAT in a hotel and would appreciate the information!! Also where can I find more info on this?

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    614 karma

@bananabaca said:
    @"JY Disciple" What do you mean that you would have to take the writing portion the same day if you want to take the test in the hotel? I am going to take my LSAT in a hotel and would appreciate the information!! Also where can I find more info on this?

Hello,

I'm not completely certain, but I believe they mean that you have to take it on the same day since LSAC only reimburses you for the one day you take the test, so if you wanted to take the LSAT writing in a hotel room and get a refund for the room, you'd need to do it on the same day.

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    317 karma

Here is the letter from LSAC that was sent to me last year when I requested testing accommodation (traffic is heavy in my house) for the July test. Upon re-reading the letter, it is not a "must" that you take the writing portion at the same time, but it is "recommended." Obviously, LSAC doesn't want to pay twice for hotel reimbursement when you could have completed the full test in one sitting.

"We have received your request indicating that you do not have access to a quiet space with reliable internet access to take the LSAT-Flex. To the extent possible, LSAC is committed to helping all test takers to take the LSAT-Flex in an appropriate environment that is conducive to test taking. In order to assist you, we will provide you with a reimbursement for taking the July LSAT-Flex, up to a maximum of $125.00 (USD), to use toward a room at a local hotel that provides internet access. We will reimburse you upon receipt of a photograph of the hotel receipt and confirmation that you took the LSAT-Flex at a time connected to the date of the hotel receipt.
    If you do choose to do this, we recommend that you consider completing your LSAT Writing section at the same time, while you have a quiet space with internet access.
    If you would like to take advantage of this reimbursement opportunity, please send a reply to this email to indicate that you understand and agree that this reimbursement is to be used solely to provide $125 for use of a hotel room to take the LSAT-Flex and that you are responsible for any other costs that you may incur beyond the $125 reimbursement provided by LSAC, and that you voluntarily assume any and all risk, liability, and consequences (both potential and actual) that are related to traveling to and/or taking the LSAT-Flex, or LSAT Writing test, at the location of your selection, including any and all risks, liabilities, and consequences associated with potential and or actual exposure to COVID-19 and/or SARS-CoV-2.
    We hope that this support will provide the opportunity for you to secure the proper environment for testing."