Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are my chances for T14?

Quick context, international (Korean) graduated from National University of Singapore (not sure you heard of), got AA for CAS assessment. Felt bit unfair because my school is notorious for the ridiculous bell curve. Was in Dean's list though. Got 168 for LSAT this April, and have worked in Big 4 Management Consulting for 2 years. What are my chances for low T14(Cornell, Gtown) or even for T20?

Comments

• CAlexL14CAlexL14 Core Member
    19 karma

I don't know much about this subject but your resume looks really good! Congrats and good luck!

• valeriehevaleriehe Member
    148 karma

From my experience chatting with others, the chances can vary. But on a positive note, I have a friend who applied in the 2017 cycle (gradated in Penn with mediocre GPA, LSAT 165), didn't get into T14 first time he applied. Then he worked 1 year at a small law firm in Hong Kong. Applied Harvard using the same GPA and LSAT, got in.

The reason for this progression might be that international students seldom works before applying. Thus, his work experience makes him very competitive.

To boost your chances, a higher LSAT score help a lot. Keep me posted and good luck!

• dlwnstjr33dlwnstjr33 Member
    26 karma

@valeriehe Thanks for the tips. But I cannot take more LSATs because I already took 4 times and need to work at the same time. Hope my work experience boost my chance.

• Jeff----Jeff---- Alum Member
    205 karma

I would say the fact that you took the LSAT 4 times, that will bring a huge red flag to any school, specially a T14. I have spoken with MANY and they all say, "you better have a good reason to take the LSAT 3 times, more than that you better have the BEST reason." They will think you were trying to play the system, so make sure that whatever your explanation will be communicated the LSs that you were not trying to play the system. Maybe language could be a good reason, or the fact that you are an international students, etc. Just giving you some advice. Also, you want to know what are your chances on getting in, I would say ASK those schools you will be applying to. Tell them who you are, your resume, experience, schooling, etc. All LSs are doing some type of Zoom or phone meeting these days, cuz of Covid, so take advantage of that. AND before you request any meetings, do your HW on their school show up know more than average about. Do not request for a meeting to get info you could have gotten from their website, they will not like it and will remember you for the wrong reasons.

Wish you the best.

PS. And let me tell you, I have seen people with 170+ LSATs get rejected from T14s. It is not guaranteed, do your HW on EACH of the schools and you will be fine. This is no generic process, the have the best sense to catch BS. ;)