Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an RC drill study buddy aiming 175+

Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
edited May 2021 in Study Groups 1384 karma

Hi 7sagers,

I'm looking for a study buddy to meet with b/w once and up to 3x/week to drill RC detail retention. We'd time each other when reading a passage, but not impose a time limit--it would be based on your own normal, individual pacing. After reading, one person asks the other about key information from the passage, including the main point, lo-res, and hi-res summaries, a quick structural and tonal analysis, OPAs if they're there, etc. The person who read the passage would then be asked about randomly selected details from the passage, including where the details were located and purpose of the detail. Then the role alternates. This should be helpful for people who have already done most passages and are looking to increase RC retention. This should take about 1-1.5 hours per session.

Some background info: I'm EST from now until close to the end of August and have registered for the June LSAT, likely will do the same for August just to relieve some anxiety. Targeting 175+. I'm available in the early mornings on most days or evenings from 7 p.m. most days.

If you're interested in serious studying and have similar goals and trying out this RC drill, please feel free to pm me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I have also tried this exact method out with a 170-scoring study buddy before, and it was extremely helpful for both of us. My study buddy has since "graduated" and taken her next LSAT.

Ps: In my experience, this has worked well in a 1:1 setting. What we can do, however, is form a Discord group and pair off from there if several people are interested.

Best of luck to everyone!

Comments