Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF ride or die Study Buddy (upper 140s to 170+)

galacticgalactic Yearly Member
in Study Groups 690 karma

Hello 7Sage neighborhood,

I didn't have any luck with the 'Study Buddies' tool so I am reaching out here.

I'll try to be really detailed in what I'm looking for in a Study Buddy so we have the best chance of being a good match.

• While I am starting on the lower end of the spectrum (upper 140s), I am highly motivated and will not quit until I either have 170+ or am out of takes. I'm looking for a study buddy who is a kindred spirit in this sense. I presently intend on taking the October exam.
  • The way I envision our sessions is this:
    From present until late June/early July we link up 1x per week for 1-1.5hrs/wk (preferably toward the end of the week/Thurs-Sat) and review questions we have from the Core Curriculum. These can be any questions at all - concepts, specific LR/LG/RC questions, strategy - with the goal that we help each other gain new insights. I do not believe there's such a thing as a "stupid question" nor should there be any pressure on either of us to try to sound smart or be right about everything. Our goal is to help each other see with a clear view or different perspective, and I believe something as simple as riffing about a question we're having trouble with is extremely beneficial.
    From early July through October we link up 1x per week to review PTs. I'd like to build a PT schedule together, and then we can use these sessions in a variety of ways - BRing sections as a team, deep diving individual questions to really get behind the psychology of the LSAT writers, doing question transformations where we take the questions and create new questions out of them, and more.
  • General outlook: I am one of the most easy going people around, but I have a really low tolerance for negativity. I feel extremely lucky to be able to study for this test and enjoy every moment I spend on it. I am looking for someone who is a staunch optimist and who sees this test as an incredible opportunity, rather than someone who views it with disdain or resentment. I'm not saying emotions aren't a thing. In fact, I want a Study Buddy who will pick me up when I'm down and who I can do the same for. What I'm saying is if your view is that the LSAT sucks, and/or when you talk to people about it you mention how much it sucks, and/or if you've encountered questions on this test where you maintain that your view of a wrong answer choice is right over the test writers, then I am not the Study Buddy for you!

If you'd like to team up, feel free to send me a message and we can chat further!

Happy studying.

Comments

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Hi there! While I'm already part of study groups and have a study buddy, I just really wanted to say I loved your detailed post here & hope you'll find the very best, mutually beneficial match. If it were up to me, your outlook and drive def deserve that 170+ :)

Happy studies!

• emg12345emg12345 Member
    43 karma

Hello!
    While I am taking the June exam, I will reach out if I end up taking the August or October exams because this is exactly the type of plan I wish I had coming up for this test.

I was in the same boat as you with the score- low 140s- and my positivity did wonders during my study journey. Keep up the optimism, even on the hard days!

A piece of advice for the LR: Loophole in Logical Reasoning did wonders for my understanding and highly recommend the book. This is the reason my score went from low 140s to mid to high 150s in 2 weeks. It is a great baseline to work off of and then you can add in other materials.

My biggest focus now is RC. It my weak section and the one holding me back from 160s, but there is still plenty of time before my exam and I'm positive I can hit my goal!

Good luck to you, I am here for any advice or questions!

• Geri1234Geri1234 Member
    14 karma

I appreciate your optimism and am looking for the same. If you haven't found anybody PM me.

• ornela..ornela.. Member
    66 karma

Hey man!!!!!!!!!! I've never had a study buddy for LSAT but I am definitely interested!! Right now I am PTing at around 158 and know I can improve. I think it will be greatly beneficial to be able to review troubling concepts as I've noticed my weak points and can help with things I am good at!!! Message me if you want to crush it!!!

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

@emg12345 said:
    Hello!
    While I am taking the June exam, I will reach out if I end up taking the August or October exams because this is exactly the type of plan I wish I had coming up for this test.

I was in the same boat as you with the score- low 140s- and my positivity did wonders during my study journey. Keep up the optimism, even on the hard days!

A piece of advice for the LR: Loophole in Logical Reasoning did wonders for my understanding and highly recommend the book. This is the reason my score went from low 140s to mid to high 150s in 2 weeks. It is a great baseline to work off of and then you can add in other materials.

My biggest focus now is RC. It my weak section and the one holding me back from 160s, but there is still plenty of time before my exam and I'm positive I can hit my goal!

"A piece of advice for the LR: Loophole in Logical Reasoning did wonders for my understanding and highly recommend the book. This is the reason my score went from low 140s to mid to high 150s in 2 weeks. It is a great baseline to work off of and then you can add in other materials."
    which loophole, mind sharing please. I have been stuck on LR 14 timed and 17-19 Blind review. Thanks

• gremckgremck Member
    102 karma

Hey! I'm interested. I'm registered for the October 2021 test. Got a 147 on the July 2020 test and a 156 on the January 2021. Also looking to hit those 170s by October :smile: I'm down for meeting about an hourish per week. I've done about 60% of the Core Curriculum already. I've also done (not all) but quite a few PTs already so our PTs might not line up exactly but don't mind reviewing a few sets here and there I've seen before.

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    edited May 2021 288 karma

@msingh0831x said:

@emg12345 said:
    Hello!

"A piece of advice for the LR: Loophole in Logical Reasoning did wonders for my understanding and highly recommend the book. This is the reason my score went from low 140s to mid to high 150s in 2 weeks. It is a great baseline to work off of and then you can add in other materials."
    which loophole, mind sharing please. I have been stuck on LR 14 timed and 17-19 Blind review. Thanks

Pretty sure they are referring to this book (the name is loophole):

https://www.amazon.com/Loophole-LSAT-Logical-Reasoning/dp/1732749000

I think it's a great book as well.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    edited May 2021 690 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" said:
    Hi there! While I'm already part of study groups and have a study buddy, I just really wanted to say I loved your detailed post here & hope you'll find the very best, mutually beneficial match. If it were up to me, your outlook and drive def deserve that 170+ :)

Happy studies!

Thanks a ton! Happy studying to you as well.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

@emg12345 said:
    Hello!

Thanks a bunch! Noted on Loophole. Keep the press on your studies as well!

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

Love this but I'll be lying if I said this exam is something that excites me lol.

I just wake up and get my coffee and mind together and just do. I envision it as a weight loss journey. No fun, but hopeful a rewarding outcome.

• mbalawschoolgradmbalawschoolgrad Core Member
    32 karma

HI all!! I am also looking for a study buddy and had no luck with the study buddy tool so if anyone is interested please lmk. I plan on taking the November test, my diagnostic was in the 130s so any help would be appreciated! I am very motivated that I'll get to my goal score of a 170 by that date so please nobody negative, or pessimistic. Only optimists and positive people reach out. I really want this to be the 1st and last time I take this exam so please reach out and lets dominate this exam together and reach our goals successfully.

• emg12345emg12345 Member
    43 karma

Yep! The Loophole book linked by @businesskarafa is the one!

• bn_2021_-1bn_2021_-1 Core Member
    edited May 2021 62 karma

Hey there! I'm taking the LSAT in October too, and I've yet to find a good study group/partner. I'm currently PT'ing in the high-150s, but right now I'm just focusing on getting down the basics and I've improved a lot since my diagnostic of 148! I like that you have such a positive outlook on this test because so many of my friends dread studying for it. But I actually love the material that I'm learning from it, especially the logic games. Ever since finals ended, I've been putting in about 9 hours of studying per day, 6 days a week. Sounds like a lot, but like I said I enjoy what I'm learning so it's not big deal. I'm also aiming to get a 170+ on the LSAT. I really like your idea of sharing different perspectives and getting behind the psychology of the LSAT writers!

• edited May 2021 27 karma

Hey there. I’ll put myself out there and you can decide to email me if interested. I am a non-traditional. 44 years old but motivated as hell. I returned to college after 23 years and finished my BA in 2.5 yrs., never took a semester break, 3.95 GPA. My first LSAT was a 143 😬 with no studying. Right now I am about 35% through Sage and averaging 148. The plan is to retake in August, but I’m open to October if my scores aren’t in the high 160s/low 170s. I have never had a study partner for the LSAT and feel a little overwhelmed on how to make it work. However, I am open to anything to succeed and need help! My schedule is pretty open from 4pm on Sun-Thurs., prefer to take Friday and Saturday off but can be flexible if needed. If original poster isn't interested anyone else is welcome to message me! Positivity and being a motivator is what I’m all about so I’d like to have the same in a study partner/s. We can be a team and make this work!!