Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking a 170... How long did it take you to get from low 170's to high 170's consistently?

depgomendepgomen Core Member
edited May 2021 in General 6 karma

I'm currently PT'ing in the low 170's. Got a 170 in April after PT'ing in the high 160s. Like many, I really want to try and push above 175. I work full time. Should I take June, August, or October? Part of me feels like a month is not enough to comfortably PT in the high 170's. How long did it take you to PT from low 170's to high 170's?

Breaking high score plateaus
  1. Getting from low 170s to high 170s20 votes
    1. A month of studying
      20.00%
    2. Over a month of studying
      15.00%
    3. Over 3 months of studying
      65.00%

Comments

• aly______aly______ Member
    78 karma

I scored my first 170+ in late January. I've been studying consistently since. My highest score since breaking 170 was a 174 (May 2020 PT, taken mid-March).
    Last week I took a PT and got a 167. So personally, it's been over 3 months and I still have the potential to dip below 170 lol!!! We are all different but I'd advise anyone looking to consistently score in the high 170s to take as much time as possible - in your case, I'd say later is better if you can push it :)

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

Can't relate to this discussion lol. I'd be over the moon with a 170.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

June. The "Flex effect" is too strong to ignore. It is easier to get a better score with less sections, generally speaking. I was PT-ing in the high 160's and got a 167 in April. Since then, I have cracked into the mid-170's, with my last two PT's being 178 and 175. I am taking June hoping for at least a 174. If not, then I'll consider a redo in August but that'd be my last one, win or lose.

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

@turvsbro said:
    June. The "Flex effect" is too strong to ignore. It is easier to get a better score with less sections, generally speaking. I was PT-ing in the high 160's and got a 167 in April. Since then, I have cracked into the mid-170's, with my last two PT's being 178 and 175. I am taking June hoping for at least a 174. If not, then I'll consider a redo in August but that'd be my last one, win or lose.

That's awesome! Congrats. Do you have any tips for RC that you can share?

• Jugartha98Jugartha98 Core Member
    42 karma

Curious about your flex score vs. PTs, are you PTing 4 section or 3 section tests?