Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don’t Give Up

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited May 2021 in Sage Advice 13286 karma

Hey everyone I’m here to just say, don’t give up.

Four years ago I started my journey to law school with a 2.8 GPA and an extremely low starting LSAT score. After obsession over the test, and with the tremendous help of 7Sage and its community, I was able to score a 171.

Yesterday, I graduated from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law and was awarded the Wigmore Key Student award.

Your past mistakes DO NOT DEFINE YOUR FUTURE SUCCESS. Anyone is capable of being right where I am.

So if things are hard right now, if the dream seems to far out of reach, just keep going. You will all achieve your goals. Work hard, study harder. Rely on 7Sage and the community here.

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

So proud of you.

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

You have no idea how much I needed to hear this -- thank you!

• miriaml7miriaml7 Live Member
    1013 karma

I love this so much!!!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your accomplishments!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

Absolutely amazing!! Thank you for coming back here to share. Means a lot. Congratulations!!

• 425 karma

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing your story!

• 2567ZRdt2567ZRdt Alum Member
    82 karma

Thank you for your encouragement. Proud of your achievement!

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Very nice to hear.

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

wow congrats, very inspiring.

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Amazing. Congratulations!

• mbalawschoolgradmbalawschoolgrad Core Member
    32 karma

Thank you so much for sharing this! Motivated me, to keep going. Proud of you!

• Tea Jae 5.0Tea Jae 5.0 Member
    18 karma

I needed this! Thank you!!!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited May 2021 2042 karma

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing this update. Your explanations on questions are always spot on and helpful but actually it is your posts of your entire journey to law school that are hugely inspirational.
    It is definitely an uphill battle for those with sub 3.0 GPA and reading about you getting into such amazing school even if it was just days away from starting is one those stories I remind myself of when I am feeling down or like I might settle on going to a school where I don’t really want to go. I am not surprised to hear that with your perseverance that you crushed it at Northwestern but congratulations this is well deserved and I am sure a long time coming!

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Quite testimony. Thank you for sharing and congratulations.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

Congratulations & thanks for the inspiration!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

really inspiring - congrats!

• esaelaleesaelale Live Member
    80 karma

such an inspiring story. thank you so much for sharing. congrats!!

• teechj117teechj117 Core Member
    edited May 2021 291 karma

This is great! Too often I get "Well, maybe it's not for you" or "People are born with a knack for that thing" and for the first few months, I may have believed that. I was inspired hearing your persistence after tuning into the community here, and now more so, knowing that you crossed that finish line. Thank you!

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    edited May 2021 551 karma

YAY GLEN! Congratulations on all of the success with law school. Your podcast episode with J.Y. coupled with your generous responses via the DMs have really helped keep me positive during these weird pandemic times. Thank you for sharing a little bit of your sunshine with us.

• jonnetteoakesjonnetteoakes Core Member
    10 karma

This is amazing and made me tear up a bit! I am beyond happy for you! I am also encouraged to keep pushing myself

• 1952 karma

thank you so much for sharing, and congratulations!
    i can feel that you'll also do great in your legal career!

• Congrats and thank you for the post! I think many of us needed to hear this 😊

• trishuestrishues Member
    130 karma

Thank you so much

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Congratulations! @LSATcantwin nice to see you here! Yes I am plugging away and deepening my understanding of the test for sure.

• 11 karma

Thank you and Congratulations @LSATcantwin for your very motivational message!

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Needed this today, thanks for posting and congrats!!

• BoWillAlexBoWillAlex Core Member
    16 karma

Congratulations! It gives me motivations!

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

Awesomeness and Congratulations to you!! I remember reading many of your posts and this one came to mind..."Reapplying: What to do to boost my chances...." The mere fact AND awarded, man what a testimony! This is so encouraging to us who are still trying to get there and we will. :smile:

• Brandon26Brandon26 Member
    30 karma

I definitely needed to see this. Thank you for sharing your journey. Congratulations and best of luck to you on your future endeavors!

• Nadzter19Nadzter19 Core Member
    123 karma

I needed to hear this. Have been dragging my feet the past two weeks. Congrats.

• sibusisiwes44sibusisiwes44 Core Member
    3 karma

Need this! Congrats!

• taylor.jd.burnstaylor.jd.burns Core Member
    19 karma

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your testimony and kind words. Best of luck to you!

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Late to the post, but its ripple effect continues! Thank you! I remember listening to the podcast ep you were featured in and absolutely floored by your determination and eventual big and mighty triumphs. Your handle says it all!!

• thehengkongthehengkong Core Member
    12 karma

God, I really needed this. I just graduated from undergraduate, and this pandemic job market is killing me because I feel guilty staying home and not being able to bring some money for my family.

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

That's amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. And for all those who are eager to see that much earned score jump till the June test, we can do this!

• 55 karma

Congratulations! Your message was right on time for me.

• sheenak0909sheenak0909 Alum Member
    88 karma

Thank you so much for the much needed encouraging words! Congratulations! Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

• C.J. GheemC.J. Gheem Alum Member
    97 karma

Great job, and you work hard, and you earned it. Always remember never give up and
    stay positive!!!

• enigmaticbgmenigmaticbgm Live Member
    16 karma

Thanks for sharing your story. I am inspired and your encouragement came at the right time! Congratulations on your achievements!!!

• Jeremy PimentaJeremy Pimenta Core Member
    35 karma

Mah bro... You made it

• priyarosaliapriyarosalia Member
    26 karma

Incredible- I'm so happy for you. Definitely going to check out this podcast soon

• RohitGS9RohitGS9 Live Member
    191 karma

Very inspiring. Good luck to you.

• emsjkemsjkemsjkemsjk Core Member
    41 karma

Wow. Your words just gave me more energy than a cup of coffee. Congrats!!!

• markmywordsmarkmywords Core Member
    222 karma

I would love to hear your story on the 7sage podcast.

• CrookshanksCrookshanks Member
    54 karma

Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations and best of luck in all your future endeavors :)

• joannamendoza6joannamendoza6 Core Member
    90 karma

Congratulations! Sitting here with a 2.3 gpa I unfortunately earned almost 10 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if I should even keep trying. Your testimony has made me hopeful.

• 103 karma

Congrats on all your success and I wish you prosperity in your future! I really needed to read that! Thank you for your kind words :)

• ilovemydogilovemydog Core Member
    18 karma

Thank you for sharing! Amazing job, friend!

• briannatatyanabriannatatyana Live Member
    39 karma

Congrats! Thank you so much for sharing

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

This is so..... wonderful. I really needed to see this. Thank you so very much for sharing. We or at least me, need to hear encouraging words like this. It is most encouraging not only for LSAT but life in general.

To the 7Sage Community, this is great. Keep it coming. Sometimes a boost of encouragement can mean the difference in a score, from 120 to 160 or higher. Thereby, it is not the test but the person's attitude towards the test that affects our score most of all. If no more than just studying a few minutes more in taking a break and coming back to it with a more positive attitude or outlook that "You, Me or I, We can do this.

Thank you again and have a great day everyone.

• mochimochi77mochimochi77 Core Member
    8 karma

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!