Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnt out before June retake?!

tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
in June 2021 LSAT 307 karma

So, I "only" got a 153 on the April LSAT but had been PTing easily 157. The day of the test I had a raging sinus infection so after getting the 153 back I was like, ok, no biggie I'll just review and crush the June retake (the only school I'm applying to wants me to retake it even though I'm already within their range of other factors). Ok, fine. After taking the 3 weeks off between the April test date and score release I started getting my first low 160s... and now this last week I'm dropping to 15/27 on RC and LR!? Am I just burnt out?! Or are the tests in the 80s just insanely harder than every other PT and I'm just wasting my time retaking in June unless my timed PT this weekend is back to my normal upper 150s/low 160s?! I know, I know, I could postpone a cycle and try again but UGH.

(I put "only" got a 153 because considering I started last May/June at a 136 I think its a massive improvement in general, just not where I know I am capable of being)

Any wise tips for the next two weeks?

Comments

• bunnyfriend7bunnyfriend7 Member
    191 karma

I noticed a huge drop in my scores between the 70s and 80s, specifically on LR. I've seen others mention that it just takes getting used to. If you feel burnt out take a break, but just remember your skills don't just "disappear"; you've clearly worked hard and have seen a massive improvement. Good luck on June's test!

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

recommending taking it easy on yourself but also identify where you are getting questions wrongs and review lessons on those as well as drills on those, especially for LR. For RC remember probably the most important thing you're being asked to do is read for structure - go into your readings with that mindset.