Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Question about Fool Proof Guide to Perfection on Logic Games

Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
in Logic Games 850 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

I was very happy to read this section, but I'm wondering if you might be able to refine the advice a little more. I just looked, and even were I to limit this practice to those games ranked as "medium" hard, i.e., do every "medium" game until I can do each one within the time limit and "own" the game, I'd still need to do it on 89 games (as there are 89 games ranked "medium" in the database.) Yikes.

Do you have any further advice by any chance?

Comments

• 273 karma

To be honest with you that really isn't a lot of games. By my estimation there are about 380 games out there, so 89 is 23%, or less than 1/4th, of all the games. I don't know how many games you've already done or what your progress is like, but I'd say that if it takes you 89 games, with multiple repetitions for each game, to get to a comfortable place for games, that's well worth it.

I also don't know what score you're aiming for, but if you want to FoolProof to -0 or -1 or -2 in games, that takes plenty of time and repetitions.

The idea behind the repetition, as J.Y. says and as many people here will tell you, is that you learn the inferences that repeat themselves. You really have to see a lot of games for this to work.

I don't say all this to make studying sound daunting. But at various points in my studies I've had to adjust my expectations as to how much work I have to do, and invariably I realize that there is more work to be done. It takes a lot of games to really reach mastery for LG.

Best of luck!

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

What games is everyone studying? Older...newer....?