Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally broke the 170 plane!

lsatbeezylsatbeezy Member
in General 61 karma

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone out there! To start, I took an official LSAT last august with a goal of 160-162ish. I was hoping to get into some good schools but didn’t have my sight set on any top schools. However, I got a 157 :/ I decided that I felt like I was rushing my applications and with that consideration plus my LSAT score I decided to wait another year to apply. Since then I’ve been grinding out LSAT studying and I am so happy to say that I just got a 172 on my last timed practice test!! (15 point increase!) I think the best advice I can give to someone is DONT RUSH GETTING INTO TO LAW SCHOOL! Law school will still be there next year and if you take a year to prepare yourself, you’ll just end up bettering your chances of getting into the school you want. I have been studying for at least an hour (almost) everyday for the past 6 months but now that I have finally graduated and have more time, it’s been more like 2-3! I take a practice test every other day and the days that I don’t take practice test, I review my test from the day before and also do a few problem sets! I also NEVER do timed problem sets because this is the time that I use to really understand the reasoning in problems and work through them! I will keep everyone posted and you have any questions about the way I’m studying then please reach out!

Comments

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    edited May 2021 340 karma

YAY!!!! Congrats!! That's awesome and encouraging!!!

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Congrats!! There is nothing more rewarding than progress. I have a similar study schedule and am taking the June flex in 2 weeks. Good luck to you- I love when people share their awesome success stories!!

• bubununububununu Live Member
    12 karma

Congratulations!!!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

congrats well deserved & gr8 advice