Study Group - Parenthood thru LSAT

BusyB123BusyB123 Member
edited May 2021 in Study Groups 13 karma

Hi!

Mom in the LA area looking for anyone with young kids to share this LSAT journey with and share tips on balancing studying with busy personal life.

Comments

• 273 karma

Not a mom but just want to say good luck!

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

Personal life HAHAHAHA. Outside mommyhood all I do for myself/personal life is go on some runs solo

I have 2 kids, a 6 and 3 year old. My husband works an insane schedule on a ship, and is gone 12-13 hours a day so I have a babysitter come to the house 2-3x a week for 2-3 hours for review. On the weekends I take PT but I am often distracted by kid noises and can't stand the disruptions of the kids coming up to the bedroom/office to ask if they can have a popsicle or watch a show or paint (they do this regardless of who is supposed to be watching them during study sessions). I find it better to deal with this than go somewhere else to study, particularly since I would've had to wear a mask and gotten anxiety about it in public before the restrictions were lifted in VA. I saw all this to say that huge improvement IS possible though, even under such circumstances, it just takes patience and time. Sometimes I'll review tips after bedtime but I can never do anything timed after 3pm, I'm just a sloth mentally then. My best practice/study sessions are very early in the morning. Bes of luck!!!

• 11 karma

I have a 6 & 2 year old, and it’s so hard to find the time to study, especially to do timed sections, or god forbid a whole PT! I just wanted to commiserate and say we can do this!

• BusyB123BusyB123 Member
    13 karma

Thank you for your input and for sharing your experiences. I too find it hard to juggle it all and finding quality time to study after taking care of my little ones seems hard these days!! Putting us as parents at a huge disadvantage when studying for the LSAT!! I feel so exhausted at the end of the day that all I can think of is finding comforting food and unwinding for a bit. But this being said going to law school is important to me and I know I can do it!! So for all the moms and dads out there we’ve got this!!

• 776 karma

Please DM .... would love to chat.
    In the same boat! :)