Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to find legal volunteering & internship opportunities

galacticgalactic Yearly Member
edited June 2021 in Law School Admissions 690 karma

Hello 7Sage neighborhood,

Does anyone have advice on how to seek out legal volunteering & internship opportunities in your local area. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Happy studying --

Comments

• Older_LS_Applicant85Older_LS_Applicant85 Core Member
    162 karma

I clerked for the Los Angeles' DA Office simply by contacting them and asking them if I could volunteer b4 going to law school. Luckily, they have a community volunteer opportunity where you literally shadow DA's in their day to day jobs and do a variety of tasks that are non-law related and law related.
    Also, community legal clinics, workshops, and law fairs hosted by pro-bono legal organizations always need volunteers to help out. I've been volunteering as a legal translator for a pro-bono legal organization for a few years now. Just look up what you're interested in in your local area and I'm sure they have opportunities. And if they don't, it doesn't hurt to ask. All the best.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

@Older_LS_Applicant85 said:
    I clerked for the Los Angeles' DA Office simply by contacting them and asking them if I could volunteer b4 going to law school. Luckily, they have a community volunteer opportunity where you literally shadow DA's in their day to day jobs and do a variety of tasks that are non-law related and law related.
    Also, community legal clinics, workshops, and law fairs hosted by pro-bono legal organizations always need volunteers to help out. I've been volunteering as a legal translator for a pro-bono legal organization for a few years now. Just look up what you're interested in in your local area and I'm sure they have opportunities. And if they don't, it doesn't hurt to ask. All the best.

I really appreciate the advice -- Thank you!