Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Words of Encouragement

hdlacyhdlacy Free Trial Member

Hey everyone. Honestly I am just looking for some positivity right now as I go into the Flex this Saturday. This will be my second time taking the test and I cannot seem to get into a positive mindset to encourage myself. My score on the first test was much lower than I expected and I can't help to think that it will happen again so any positive reinforcement will help! You cannot take this test in a negative mindset so please help me become encouraged!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited June 2021 4306 karma

We are always much more than what we think we are. Think big and bold when it comes to your strengths and skills, that previous test and this upcoming one don't define you at all. They may put a small detour on your plans but they certainly don't stop you from reaching your goals. You're already 1 step ahead of the game by knowing you need to change your mindset, now just allow yourself to be ridiculously confident regardless of where you are score wise.

Every second you spend in that old story about what you scored, you're stripping time and focus from the new story, the new score. You've got the power within you to make the difference, you're more powerful than your circumstances. I won't wish you luck since you won't need it - Go forth and conquer my friend!

• annaemurphy279annaemurphy279 Core Member
    99 karma

Hello! First of all, wishing you the best of luck! If you've been using 7Sage to study for the LSAT you're probably a few steps ahead of the game. Just remember that you're more likely to preform better if from here on out you walk, talk, and think with the mentality that you've already mastered this. Being confident will decrease your test anxiety which will keep you calm on test day which will help you avoid making silly mistakes. Just remember that its not the end of the world if you don't get your dream score, you are only human after all! Sending positive vibes ~~~

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Like the old Star Wars movies would say, "Feel..... the force......, feel the force.......!!!!!"

The question is how much studying have you done and are you fully prepared to sit for the test?

This is just my opinion, I can't speak for anyone else, but if your scores are not there, then I would postpone the test and study more, and only then after I am fully confident and can prove it at a success level would I sit for this exam. That is my opinion. If you are weak in any areas and you know it, your confidence level will decrease. This is a hard test, no joke and it weighs a lot in admissions and scholarship to law school. If you understand the material/skills go for it. Otherwise,TKO. It's your attitude about the test and yourself that you have to overcome. Think of it like a football or some type of ball game. Where the ball is in your court. Score the point and win.

I hope this helps.

• ishaw18ishaw18 Member
    112 karma

You got this! I'm also going to be taking the LSAT June administration, so I'm right in the same boat with you! Know that you can do it, and that you have been working with as well as a part of the best community out there to insure your success!

• Good-luck everyone, your hard work is about to pay off and remember we still have more chances for applying early in the Fall. :D