Need Desperate Reading Comp Help

I've recently started my LSAT Journey to take it if not in August then October, and I've noticed a particular issue I'm having is with Reading Comp. With reading comp, I manage to finish reading each article with a thorough understanding in about 4-5 minutes. The issue with this is after reading 4 articles each in about 5 min, there is barely anytime left for me to answer the actual questions. Do you guys have any advise on how to tackle this issue?

Comments

• tristanhowie31tristanhowie31 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Practice to be without guesswork

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

Well if you are taking 4-5 min to read the passage and say each passage is around 6-7 questions...that gives you :30-:45 sec per question if that. What you need to do is be be able to understand key things such as MP, Structure, Tone/Attitude, and View of the author. We want to have Low Res summaries for each paragraph (1-2 words) and then be able to take that Low Res and expand on it if we need too for specific line/paragraph question. I think the issue you are having is understanding the passage. You should have a complete understanding of the passage if you are taking 4-5 min. Normally I spend around 3:45-4:00 on each passage but there have been times where I spend 5 min on the harder questions. But I know that I have a deep understanding of the passage as a whole and I have my low res summaries in my back pocket to expand on and thus each question only takes me about :30 sec.

Also, you MUST prephase/predict an answer before going into the answer choices. Otherwise, you are going to see yourself explaining why the wrong answers are right.

You can PM me if you have any more questions. Right now my RC is anywhere from -3 to -5.