Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex Writing Timing

jenny515jenny515 Member

If I complete the writing on Sunday afternoon or Monday, will my score be delayed? I don't think I'm mentally ready to take it ahead of time but do not want my score delayed. Any advice (esp from people with experience) would be so appreciated!

Comments

• toaliza-1toaliza-1 Core Member
    12 karma

wait do we have to do the writing before the flex exam? I thought we could submit it after?

• saritag101093saritag101093 Core Member
    2 karma

You can submit it after, but your score will only be available to you after you submit it. not sure how long after though..

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

I think you'll be fine doing it Sunday/Monday! Just do it as soon as you can. I did mine almost a week ago and it was processed in like 12 hours. Also, really don't worry about it! It is super easy and they just want to see that you're proficient in English for the most part. There's no right answer- just make a case for one side and roll with it. Seriously, don't stress about it. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

I completed the LSAT writing on Wednesday evening, I think I received an email confirming it was approved in less than 10 hours!

I totally agree with sarahblair! I was really nervous because I hadn't practiced how to do the writing, but before doing the official writing, I think I did like 3 practice prompts, and it really is super simple. I actually enjoyed writing it once I got my argumentative style down! There are a ton of resources online to help you prepare for this :)

LawHub has an official practice writing prompt you can do, so you can check out the interface. Also, on LSAC under the "writing" tab they offer the chance to do a practice run for the Writing Prompt (i think it's called "get acquainted with the LSAT Writing" or something like that). I highly recommend you do this if you're nervous! When I took the official, there were no surprises and I felt super prepared. Just make sure you follow the directions carefully, you can write a beautiful essay but if you miss a security rule they might deny your submission (For ex: I almost forgot to show both sides of my paper during the room scan, luckily I realized and just re-did the video).

All in all, with a little preparation the process was super straightforward, and the verification was sent quickly! Good luck, you've got this!

• jenny515jenny515 Member
    48 karma

Thank you so much everyone!