Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited June 2021 in June 2021 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official June 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the June 2021 LSAT-Flex here!

Rules:

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• dawgslaw123dawgslaw123 Alum Member
    138 karma

I don't take it until 11:30, but man I cannot believe this day is here. Months of hard work. Good luck everyone.

• avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
    58 karma

I just finished my test!

• teeksd9898teeksd9898 Member
    edited June 2021 112 karma

N/A.

• Brandon KempBrandon Kemp Core Member
    12 karma

@avidlsatqueen said:
    I just finished my test!
    How do you feel about it. How was the over all test easy medium or hard.

• ishaw18ishaw18 Member
    112 karma

@avidlsatqueen said:
    I just finished my test!

I hope that it went well for you! What'd you think of it?

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

Anyone taking it tomorrow? lol I feel lonely seeing all the posts/comments about taking the test today.

• haleyegan14haleyegan14 Core Member
    edited June 2021 20 karma

I just took it! I didn't think anything was too surprising. There was a game I had a bit of trouble with at first because it stated a rule in a way I hadn't seen before, but I think it was mainly the nerves talking (it was my first section) because as soon as I really tried making inferences everything cleared up. LR was very normal, no trouble and RC was pretty basic.

• itsfridaitsfrida Member
    10 karma

@123anami Im taking it tomorrow around noon, sorta nervous but i know i will need to retake because i do need more practice but want to take it anyway

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

@itsfrida said:
    @123anami Im taking it tomorrow around noon, sorta nervous but i know i will need to retake because i do need more practice but want to take it anyway

Im in the same boat as you

251 karma

@avidlsatqueen said:
    I just finished my test!

Congrats! how was it?

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Congrats to everyone who is taking today/already finished! And best of luck to those taking in the coming days. This is what we've all prepared for.. now just time to execute! :)

• srz12797srz12797 Core Member
    edited June 2021 24 karma

Just finished and not sure my performance reflected my true ability, a mix of nerves and IMO difficult content, as well as my proctor still talking to me as the test began (has anyone had this happen?) it was a bit distracting as I was trying to use every second I had. Thoughts? Advise? Ugh.

• rameenrameen Core Member
    6 karma

my proctor kept bouncing me to technical support; the proctor portion took over an hour! I can definitely empathize with being thrown off because of them.

• dawgslaw123dawgslaw123 Alum Member
    edited June 2021 138 karma

Just finished. That museum game destroyed me, but I was smart enough to skip it and the last game was hard but I feel like I did it well... idk. LR and RC were pretty normal for recent PTs IMO with the RC relatively difficult. Ended up guessing on most of the questions in that third game, probably not a great sign for my score... Good luck all!

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

Taking tomorrow at noon!! My advice to those of you who have not yet taken: expect a hard test. That way, if it is hard- you were prepared and won't freak out over that realization mid test. And if it's easier than you were expecting, fantastic! I would also go as far to say expect a bad proctor experience. I had an awful proctor experience April which I wasn't expecting- that alone made my nerves heightened & messed with my clear mind. Tomorrow I will be going in expecting to experience trouble & difficulty, that way I will be prepared if it occurs. Stay focused and level headed. Have a plan of attack and get it done. If you put in the work, pretend its just a normal PT. Good luck everyone!! Sending you all positive energy, peace & blessings on this journey!

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

Totally agree with thinklikealawyer! I went in expecting the checking in process to be 5 mins (As someone else mentioned was their experience) but mine took a full hour. No interruptions after, thankfully, but waiting definitely threw me off and i started to feel a bit hungry. If your proctor makes you wait, don't be afraid to ask to use the restroom before you begin if you need to! Saw that tip in an LSAT facebook group this morning and I did it today.

LR was typical, RC easier than I expected (as someone mentioned above, relative to how RC passages have been in the 80s exams), LG was a bit tough- took more time than I wanted on 2 of the games and I had to guess on the last couple questions. Overall, it didn't feel significantly harder than the PTs i've been doing. Usually RC is really tough for me and LG is pretty easy, but this time LG was a bit trickier and RC was not as hard (I thought)- so for anyone worried about how their performance may be in a particular section, you may be surprised so don't worry too much!

As someone alluded above, there was one game that was introduced in a way that I've never seen before, but I didn't let it throw me off- I was thinking about the super weird and tough LG games, where JY advises us to not lose our cool and read carefully. After explicitly thinking and doing this, it became much clearer and I didn't get unnerved! Skipped around on LG questions which I think was helpful here. Be prepared for the unexpected!

best of luck to everyone :)

388 karma

@"Jahn.Snow" wow how did they take a full hour for you?

• Yorgez10Yorgez10 Alum Member
    95 karma

@123anami I am and I also feel like I am the only one who chose to take it tomorrow lol

388 karma

@CactusJack I'm right here with you my friend LOL

• HereWeGoAgainHereWeGoAgain Alum Member
    9 karma

I write tomorrow too haha we are not alone!

• NextlevelroniNextlevelroni Member
    10 karma

just finished a bit ago. lr felt normal, rc was fine and 2 lg games tripped me up which sucks. but i think i did ok. so glad it's over. hoping my score is decent so i can just move on from this test forever. even if it's not decent i think i'm done lol. the most challenging thing i've ever done with working full time and doing a masters program. best of luck everyone!

• rschade18rschade18 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

I took my LSAT this morning at 10:20. The proctor set up was easy. I didn’t have a trouble with you games but I don’t feel like I truly did my best. It could’ve been from nerves or it could’ve truly been just finding difficulties in the questions. Once I was done with the test though it was a whole different frustration. My proctor Musta got disconnected during the middle of my test and while I was taking the test I never noticed until I got on to the finished page. I could not check out without a proctor for the recording to finish and had to reach out to proctorU. Did anyone have the same issue?

• hanjohnson4hanjohnson4 Core Member
    13 karma

Taking the test in about an hour. Can't believe this day is here! Feels like my nerves are getting the best of me, but I'm hoping they make me kill this test.

I hope everybody is killing it today! Sending good vibes to all.

• tiffany11tiffany11 Member
    41 karma

Just finished! I personally thought LG was easy once I figured out the setup and sub game boards and I finished LG with time to spare. I felt like LR was the hardest section but LR is typically my worst section so I was expecting that. RC was average, didn't feel too hard.

33 karma

I can’t tell how I did. I want to say that I did good but I wasn’t able to finish the game section the analytical reasoning I ran out of time on so I quickly found in the answers for the sand and same with the reading comprehension. I’m trying not to stress about it until July 1 but typically I get into the 160s but now I feel like I’m lucky if I break a 150.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Anyone else here keep replaying games in your head wondering if you made a huge mistake and second guessing everything? I honestly felt Games was pretty standard. One game was worded oddly in the stimulus (the museum game) but then I realized it wasn't anything new. I was just bummed I had Games last, since I was completely drained and bleary eyed by the time I got there.

• damidre96damidre96 Member
    edited June 2021 3 karma

I had a technical issue, during the last 5 minutes of my second section, that required the proctor to take control of my PC to fix the issue. That took about 1.5-2 minutes to fix and the proctor didn't update me with a "you can continue testing," thus why I waited extra time before resuming my test, as the proctor was moving my mouse. So I lost a good 2-2.5 minutes of the last 5 minutes of a section.

This being my 2nd test (1st flex), I am not too keen about retaking, as the technical issues definitely soured my experience. Unfortunately, waiting for in-person testing to resume is not compatible with my goals, so retaking under LSAT Flex will have to be the norm for me.

• 790 karma

Anyone have advice on what to study last minute? I take my test tomorrow at 11:30 am. don't want to burn myself out before then, just want to keep my mind refreshed.

251 karma

@addiespitz said:
    Anyone have advice on what to study last minute? I take my test tomorrow at 11:30 am. don't want to burn myself out before then, just want to keep my mind refreshed.

following this !!

• fight onfight on Member
    36 karma

@addiespitz said:

I don't recommend studying at all! Seriously. You've put in so much work already, and reviewing content the day before is not going to make your performance any better. It might even scare you if practice doesn't go well. Just take today to relax and do fun things (not including alcohol, of course).

• mkdioceemkdiocee Member
    79 karma

@Nextlevelroni said:
    just finished a bit ago. lr felt normal, rc was fine and 2 lg games tripped me up which sucks. but i think i did ok. so glad it's over. hoping my score is decent so i can just move on from this test forever. even if it's not decent i think i'm done lol. the most challenging thing i've ever done with working full time and doing a masters program. best of luck everyone!

I feel the exact same way! It's kinda comforting to see that certain parts of the exam were hard for a lot of people (on here anyways!) Here's to hoping for a semi-decent curve for those LGs!

• 790 karma

Does anyone know about scrap paper / pencils? Do we just have scrap paper on hand or do we have to show them etc. ?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@addiespitz said:
    Does anyone know about scrap paper / pencils? Do we just have scrap paper on hand or do we have to show them etc. ?

You'll have to show the 5 sheets front and back before you start.

• 790 karma

@canihazJD said:

@addiespitz said:

You'll have to show the 5 sheets front and back before you start.

Thank you!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations to all who finished their tests today!! Good luck to those testing tomorrow and later this week. :) Do the best we can and cheer!!

• chickenbeepchickenbeep Member
    edited June 2021 9 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    Anyone else here keep replaying games in your head wondering if you made a huge mistake and second guessing everything? I honestly felt Games was pretty standard. One game was worded oddly in the stimulus (the museum game) but then I realized it wasn't anything new. I was just bummed I had Games last, since I was completely drained and bleary eyed by the time I got there.

Me! I didn't struggle with the games, and ironically enough this makes me nervous that I missed something! Fingers crossed that we both did well.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Lmao - I have no idea how that went. LR was pretty standard. LG had a few unusual twists. RC had one really tricky law passage. Fingers crossed and best of luck, sagers!

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    1417 karma

T minus 1 hour before the test.
    THIS ONE'S FOR DA BOYS!!!!
    LETS GET THIS DONE FAM.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

Test wasn't bad at all, couldn't sleep night before made it worse :(. Games were typical difficulty, RC easier language, LR easier language than PT.

388 karma

@msingh0831x said:
    Test wasn't bad at all, couldn't sleep night before made it worse :(. Games were typical difficulty, RC easier language, LR easier language than PT.

omg i could NOT sleep either. fell asleep at 6am for the first time in my life lol. testing in 20minutes 😭 sunday june flex gang we got it!!!

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

@msingh0831x congrats, that's great to hear. Hope you get a great score!

• SaulGoodmanSaulGoodman Member
    111 karma

Just took it. My LG was incredibly easy compared to PTs. My RC seemed really difficult relative to my PTs, though. I had Locke/adult education, larvae vs ants, lying politicians, and copyright. I think I did really poorly on RC, and I'm praying that all my misses there are balanced out by a -0 LG. As for LR, I thought overall it was fine, but there were a few really tricky ones -- stealing wood from national park, low sodium diets, and more that I've blocked out of my memory already lol. LR seemed to be a toss up between really easy (like almost deceptively easy, causing me to do a lot of second guessing and probably choosing the wrong AC out of fear of falling into a trap) and really challenging. I think I was thrown in LR because usually the section increases in difficulty as the questions go on, but I thought a lot of questions were really hard right off the bat and then (deceptively?) easy towards the end. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! I'm gonna try not to obsess too much, but I'm sure I will...

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

@SaulGoodman said:
    Just took it. My LG was incredibly easy compared to PTs. My RC seemed really difficult relative to my PTs, though. I had Locke/adult education, larvae vs ants, lying politicians, and copyright. I think I did really poorly on RC, and I'm praying that all my misses there are balanced out by a -0 LG. As for LR, I thought overall it was fine, but there were a few really tricky ones -- stealing wood from national park, low sodium diets, and more that I've blocked out of my memory already lol. LR seemed to be a toss up between really easy (like almost deceptively easy, causing me to do a lot of second guessing and probably choosing the wrong AC out of fear of falling into a trap) and really challenging. I think I was thrown in LR because usually the section increases in difficulty as the questions go on, but I thought a lot of questions were really hard right off the bat and then (deceptively?) easy towards the end. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! I'm gonna try not to obsess too much, but I'm sure I will...

I had same exam as you. When does the result comes? 2 or 3 weeks?. LG 3rd game screwed me up, first two werent bad. Being a physician I had to answer the salt question haha. Probably spent little bit more time but past knowledge helped.

• Jessica DJessica D Member
    30 karma

@"autumn.ames23" said:

@itsfrida said:

Im in the same boat as you

I just did mine today but plan on doing the August write as well. How did this one go for you @"autumn.ames23" @itsfrida @123anami

• Jessica DJessica D Member
    30 karma

@msingh0831x said:

@SaulGoodman said:

I had same exam as you. When does the result comes? 2 or 3 weeks?. LG 3rd game screwed me up, first two werent bad. Being a physician I had to answer the salt question haha. Probably spent little bit more time but past knowledge helped.

@msingh0831x I think results are released July 1st.

251 karma

@SaulGoodman said:

we had the same exact exam. RC was super tough for me. Def dont feel confident about it

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

LR felt average. I had a difficult game that I ended up coming back to at the end but ran out of time and had to guess. RC felt pretty difficult but that's my worse section anyways so there's usually room for some mess ups there and still receiving my goal score. Hoping and praying this is the end of my LSAT journey....

• geveetgeveet Core Member
    edited June 2021 47 karma

@SaulGoodman said:

Has the same test as you, agree that LG was standard/on the easier side. Glad I didn't have the Econ and museum game that everyone has been dreading about. Last 2 passages were hard for me, especially the last one on copyright. LR gave me a panic attacked bc I flagged questions immediately and I almost never do that. On LR, also had a question about companies acting unethically, a government goal of promoting equality, historic buildings in a city, a fossilized dinosaur, uncertainty and information

33 karma

Anyone know if we can take writing at any time?

388 karma

@zagareet I just finished. I thought LG was pretty easy but the wording on one of the games shocked me lol. RC kind of average I think.., and LR had some tough cookies in there for sure. Just glad to be done now for now!!!