Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT Flex 2021

avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
edited June 2021 in June 2021 LSAT 58 karma

I just the LSAT Flex for the first time, and I was really hoping my first write would go so well... it did not. There were several questions I did not have time to reach (which never happens) and now I have no clue what to expect as a score. Does anyone have any words or wisdom or comforting advice? I do not want to think about how I may have scored WAY below my average for the next three weeks.

Comments

• avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
    58 karma

Just finished my test!!

• johnkolkmjohnkolkm Member
    20 karma

I assume it was harder than than the recent PTs? Or was it just the pressure of it being a real LSAT?

• Bostonian91Bostonian91 Member
    17 karma

Hope for the best, my friend. You never know, it's normal to doubt yourself after taking this test. Hopefully, you did fine with all those questions you did answer. If it's your first test, you will have an option to cancel your score.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

Learn from it and use it on the retake if your score isn't what you want it to be. My April Test performance wasn't at a level I could accept so here we go again today lol.

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

how was the difficulty compared to the most recent PTS like may 2020?

• srz12797srz12797 Core Member
    24 karma

I feel the same way, I can only say that there is still time to retake if you feel this test does not reflect your true capabilities. Take a break, relax and then restart if you need. At the end of the day, the LSAT is one step to becoming a lawyer, but we all want to do our best so only you know if what you did really was your best. We shall know more on July 1, but from here just try to do things you enjoy and have not had time to do because of studying, you deserve it!

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

You never know what the outcome may be! At least you have one swing under your belt. If it doesn't work out perfectly the first time, although it's annoying, the best part is you have another ability to crush it! I find it irritating to hear about proctors getting in the way, they need to understand the seriousness and demand of a test like this. All in all, the worst that can happen is you take it again. I may be in the same boat after I write on Tuesday. Congrats on finishing it, go enjoy yourself!

• pappasm91pappasm91 Member
    230 karma

Even though I had technical issues which resulted in a 45 minute delay, my proctor was amazing and wonderfully kind/patient. He immediately put himself on mute and I didn't have any issues the remainder of the test. I personally felt LR was harder than previous PTs, but I finished both RC and LR on time and had to guess at the last 3 questions of LG.

At the end of the day, we should celebrate how monumental this moment is of taking the LSAT and be proud of that progress! Take a break, enjoy the human interaction we've all missed out on due to studying for months on end, and know that we can take this test again if we don't get the scores we hoped for.

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

Hi! I am wondering what you thought of the difficulty in comparison to recent prep tests? Since so many people have signed up for this June test, I was worried they may administer a harder than usual PT.

As far as your performance goes, you cannot always forsee what the experience will be like, but if you do need to take it again, at least you have an idea of what to expect. I scored 149 on April exam (much lower than my average) when my goal was 158. I am taking again tomorrow hopefully to secure that 158+ score, but I can tell you as far as my experience, I feel much calmer and prepared this time around than in April. I firmly believe that if this is the right path for you, nothing will stop you from securing your goal score as long as you stay focused & continue to put in the work. But also, it is hard to gauge how you did right after the test, my advice is to take these next two weeks to relax and recuperate while you wait for your score. This test is damn hard and you should be super proud of yourself for finishing! Best of luck to you!

• o.b.0219o.b.0219 Core Member
    14 karma

I personally felt this exam was much harder than previous practice tests I have taken. I too had to guess on multiple questions. I was able to finish LR, but did feel the questions were harder. RC I ended up running out of time on, and same with LG (which does not happen). I feel defeated and cried after this exam as I truly felt prepared for it going in. I have no idea what to expect for a score either. I’m trying my best to stay positive and can really just advise you try do the same while we wait for score release. Best of luck to you

• Emily_26Emily_26 Core Member
    28 karma

The best thing for us all to remember is that this test is curved to reflect the proper distribution of scores. So if this test was insanely harder, the curve will be bigger. Don't stress yourselves out too much - if you went into the test prepared and have consistently been getting scores you're happy with, you will be fine. You know how to take this test :)

• rschade18rschade18 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

I can’t tell how I did. I want to say that I did good but I wasn’t able to finish the game section the analytical reasoning I ran out of time on so I quickly found in the answers for the sand and same with the reading comprehension. I’m trying not to stress about it until July 1 but typically I get into the 160s but now I feel like I’m lucky if I break a 150.

• I don't know what everyone's age/life experience is in here, but let me tell you, there is really no point about being depressed with this test if it didn't go your way. There are things harder in life, and as somebody said in here it is only one of the steps in your career. Hard work pays off one way or another, even if not immediately!

• Bebe2026Bebe2026 Member
    89 karma

going in I was mentally prepared that I likely would not get higher than a 150 as June tests are known to be much harder. LR was not as difficult as the past PTs but the RC first passage was definitely out of my comfort zone. I am okay with games but the third game was something else. I am praying for a curve on this. I've busted my behind as a full time paralegal full time homeschooling mom from covid and studying for this test this past year.

• NickNefsakNickNefsak Member
    43 karma

@Bebe2026 every test has a predetermined curve. no need to pray for that. also...who is filling your mind with the nonsense that June LSATs are harder? Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

251 karma

@NickNefsak said:
    @Bebe2026 every test has a predetermined curve. no need to pray for that. also...who is filling your mind with the nonsense that June LSATs are harder? Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

curious how the curve works for lsats?

604 karma

@"autumn.ames23" every test is curved differently according to its level of difficulty. Thus, if someone had a relatively easy test, the amount of questions they could get wrong to get say a 170 for example, would be much less than the amount of questions someone who had a much more difficult test would be able to get wrong in order to still acheive a 170. I believe the numbers they use are always referring to a score of 170.

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

@NickNefsak said:

Thank you! I was like "June LSATs are harder? Based on WHAT?"

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

I just finished my LSAT. Some pros- easy proctorU experience, I wasn't nearly as nervous as the last two times, and LG seemed do-able and easy. I'm sure anyone who is a champ at LG easily did well, but I ran out on time on the last one and had to guess. LR seemed easier than normal, too. RC seemed easy at first but turned out to be a bear. I spent way too much time sorting out the law passage and had to speed read about Inuits so here's hoping I made quality, fast educated choices LOL. Either way, I'm prepared to get accomodations for a pen and paper test for next year because if I don't get the score I want I know it's because I cannot comprehend on the computer nearly as well as I do on paper. The anxiety over the virtual RC is just overwhelming for me and I look at the screen like I've forgotten how to read or analysis. Either way, if LG and LR are your strengths then today was probably easy peasy

edited June 2021 604 karma

@"giulia.pines" I, too, have seen conspiracies from people who make predictions about LSATS and examine statistics who say that the June test is traditionally the "hardest" one and December is traditionally the "easiest."
    Here's the link to where I saw it: https://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/easiest-lsat-curve-hardest-june.html

Of course every exam is curved, and I don't really put a ton of weight on the fact that June is necessarily so hard. But still, it is out there backed by numbers which is why some people probably take it really seriously.

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

@sarahblair well in that case I'm thrilled I decided to postpone June ;)

• havinagrattimhavinagrattim Member
    94 karma

@sarahblair If June has a "harder curve" that would indicate the content likely isn't as difficult as those with "easier" curves

604 karma

@"giulia.pines" haha, I don't think it necessarily matters regardless. It's mostly all opinion based when it comes down to difficulty level. Good luck to you!!!

@havinagrattim exactly! I think it also is heavily dependent on the fact it's such a subjective experience.

• havinagrattimhavinagrattim Member
    94 karma

@sarahblair Agreed! Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes it just comes down to a little bit of luck:)

251 karma

I just finished the test. My first section was RC and I dont know if it was the nerves causing me to not focus well or if the passages / questions were harder than usual, but I feel defeated by RC lol. LR and LG felt pretty normal??

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

@"autumn.ames23" said:
    I just finished the test. My first section was RC and I dont know if it was the nerves causing me to not focus well or if the passages / questions were harder than usual, but I feel defeated by RC lol. LR and LG felt pretty normal??

RC was hard for me too but I felt like LR and LG were normal/easier

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@"autumn.ames23" said:
    how was the difficulty compared to the most recent PTS like may 2020?

roughly on-par.

• AvocadoToast-2AvocadoToast-2 Core Member
    82 karma

I didn't have LR or RC first and I felt like this test was a lot easier than the PTs I have done through May and June. I must say it was very useful for me to have practiced the more challenging LG sets over this past week. LR was not as difficult as I had anticipated ( not my best section so could very well have be the nerves) RC was also not that bad , I do recommend practicing the harder problem sets a few weeks ahead of the test. I hope you all did well! If you feel like you didn't hit your mark please take a deep breath. There will be better days and more tests , I cannot stress the importance of mental health and rest especially when tackling this test alongside the everyday stresses of life. Give yourself a high five , crack a nice smile and get some air . You've worked really hard and should be proud of yourself. Learn from what you felt uncomfortable with and adapt but tonight just relax.