Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

just finished! LG had a minor twist in some parts but still doable for the most part, RC was pretty standard, and LR was trickier than normal but also doable.

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

@rschade18 you can do it up until like a week before the June flex release date (July 1) without having your score postponed, but I would just do it as soon as you can and get it over with. It's really easy.

• pmathpmathpmathpmath Member
    edited June 2021 4 karma

so between the two sections I lost time dude to my proctor doing a system check, usually about 40 seconds each time, I also lost time during brief connection outages. Is that normal? I still think I did well but I wasn't too thrilled with that and am wondering if anyone else had that experience/what to do

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

@paulmath said:
    so between the two sections I lost time dude to my proctor doing a system check, usually about 40 seconds each time, I also lost time during brief connection outages. Is that normal? I still think I did well but I wasn't too thrilled with that and am wondering if anyone else had that experience/what to do

call LSAC and they will review the screen recording

• LoveLawJD21LoveLawJD21 Alum Member
    121 karma

Are there 2 test versions ?

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

There are 40+ test versions (they combine different versions of different sections).

• itonydelatorreitonydelatorre Core Member
    158 karma

Took it earlier. Felt really good about LR as usual. Surprisingly RC felt pretty good. A little scared about LG. The first, third and last games weren't too bad, but for some reason, I just could not process something about the classes in upper and lower halls game. Had to guess on a few of those due to time.

• lekfant1lekfant1 Member
    edited June 2021 66 karma

Feeling like I'm one of the only ones testing on Tuesday. A little nervy with people saying RC and LG were tough :o Do we know if different days are given different exams/questions?

• 176 karma

@abatko21 I'm taking it Tuesday as well haha I was just thinking the same thing after reading through all this. my proctor U account was locked for some reason (only for about a day) and although I did want Tuesday, the time slots available were 7a-9a EST. which isn't horrible except for the fact that I live in Anchorage.... soo my test is at 3:20a AKDT. no jokeee... anyway, I was stressing about that too so just remember that you have absolutely no control over what test they give you so don't let it weigh on you! and focus on what you can control like resting and hydrating and looking through your notes one last time paying attention to your weaknesses. fresh air right before helps too! we got this!

but to everyone that already crushed it - congrats and thanks for all the helpful insights!

604 karma

@abatko21 Tuesday taker as well :) and there will definitely be different questions! I've seen some of the 7Sage tutors post how there can be over 50 different versions of a single month's flex exam. Don't worry about the comments and just let the test come to you! Best of luck!!!!!

• ericchoi12ericchoi12 Member
    edited June 2021 31 karma

Had RC-LR-LG. Every section felt middle of the road in terms of difficulty, and the test as a whole felt average relative to recent PTs, or potentially even a little bit easier. I found LR in particular to be a bit easier than normal, as I had 4 mins at the end to review my answers, whereas I usually finish right on time or with a minute to spare. I had the RC with insects and predator and preys, along with the passage about Inuits and territories. RC was my weakest section in my previous flex attempts, but I made a concerted effort this time to really focus on it, and I eventually got my RC performance about equal with my LR performance on PTs. I think my hard work paid off because in contrast to my previous attempts in which I felt like RC was noticeably challenging, this particular RC section did not feel notably difficult, tho I wouldn’t say it was easy either. Right about average to any of the recent RC sections.

I feel most confident about this exam compared to my previous attempts. On my prior attempts there’d always be at least one section where I’d be scrambling for time at the end, but this time I finished with time left for each section. I’m hoping to score right along with my most recent PT averages, where I scored between the ranges of 172-174.

• LawBound-1LawBound-1 Yearly Member
    edited June 2021 90 karma

I guessed on at least 10 questions between LG/LR and did not feel overly confident about the sections. Hoping I at least do better than I did the first time. However, I didn't feel too bad the first time I took it and completely bombed it. Feeling defeated.

My worst nightmare was getting the same score but now I'm worried I did even worse.

31 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    Anyone else here keep replaying games in your head wondering if you made a huge mistake and second guessing everything? I honestly felt Games was pretty standard. One game was worded oddly in the stimulus (the museum game) but then I realized it wasn't anything new. I was just bummed I had Games last, since I was completely drained and bleary eyed by the time I got there.

I definitely relate to this. I had a couple mins at the end of LG to review, tho not nearly enough time to really review a lot of my answers, as I spent most of that time reviewing one question. Regardless, I feel like the fact that I finished with time to spare is a good sign. As I ruminate over the games, I too speculate if I made some crucial errors or incorrectly transcribed a rule. But I keep telling myself that they usually design LG questions and ACs in such a way that you usually can’t get down to just one AC if you made a crucial error. And when it comes to inferences, they usually require you to make important inferences with their questions, so you usually have to face such important inferences anyways even if you missed it initially.

• avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
    58 karma

\

@"Brandon Kemp" said:

@avidl satqueen said:
    I just finished my test!
    How do you feel about it. How was the over all test easy medium or hard.

Honestly, I have absoubtley no idea! The entire LSAT is completley blacked out in my memory (I cannot recall the subject of a single game or passage I had). When I received a copy of my LSAT writing today, I did not even recognize it! Overall, I do not feel very confident in regards to my score. I had to guess a lot more questions than I normally do - I think I was too stressed to function at my optimal level. Sadly, I expect I will be retaking it.

• avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
    58 karma

Did anyone else have LR-LG-RC? I

• A. LordeA. Lorde Member
    38 karma

@ericchoi12 said:
    Had RC-LR-LG. Every section felt middle of the road in terms of difficulty, and the test as a whole felt average relative to PTs in the 70-80s, or potentially even a little bit easier. I found LR in particular to be a bit easier than normal, as I had 4 mins at the end to review my answers, whereas I usually finish right on time or with a minute to spare. I had the RC with insects and predator and preys, along with the passage about Inuits and territories. RC was my weakest section in my previous flex attempts, but I made a concerted effort this time to really focus on it, and I eventually got my RC performance about equal with my LR performance on PTs. I think my hard work paid off because in contrast to my previous attempts in which I felt like RC was noticeably challenging, this particular RC section did not feel notably difficult, tho I wouldn’t say it was easy either. Right about average to any RC section you’d see in the PT80s.

I feel most confident about this exam compared to my previous attempts. On my prior attempts there’d always be at least one section where I’d be scrambling for time at the end, but this time I finished with time left for each section. I’m hoping to score right along with my most recent PT averages, where I scored between the ranges of 172-174.

I took it on Saturday and had the same LG and RC sections it sounds like. The order I got was RC - LR - LG, which I think probably helped me confidence since I find RC to be my strongest section at this point.

RC was
    - Britain being pro-war before WWI and then a pacifist
    - the role of courts in interpreting the law
    - the two authors discussing aquatic keystone predators
    - I had a brutal time trying to remember the third passage, I vaguely came up with Canadian native tribes? ~you jogged my memory though; I had the territories passage as well.
    I thought this was a pretty easy RC section - with the exception of the legal passage, that one was super dense to me.

The LR questions that I remember were
    - family vacation and choosing which motel to stay in after a bad experience
    - vampire stories and rabies
    - pilots and cancer
    - using folk remedies/plants to make medicine
    - ankle injuries and the type of shoe worn
    - ivy growing on buildings
    I found this to be a fairly easy LR section. I had a little over 4 minutes left over at the end to go back and review, which was so nice.

LG was
    - the first one is the one I have the most trouble remembering - ordering of student seating?
    - upper and lower hall
    - economics classes & prerequisites (this one was just plain RUDE)
    - the order of events with the burglary in the museum, noises, etc

I'm already signed up for August - hoping/planning on that being my second (and last!) go at the beast. I know I can improve on my June score. God, waiting for the results in brutal.

I had a really wonderful proctor experience, no waiting, no weirdness, no interruptions. I was asked to move my desk a few inches so the proctor could see the door behind me, but it was honestly such a small change, didn't throw me off at all. I was a little apprehensive coming in because I saw other folks post about proctors telling them not to mouth the words and I read aloud A LOT when I practice, thankfully I didn't hear anything about my mouthing or whisper-reading.

Wish everyone the absolute best!

• 790 karma

@avidlsatqueen said:
    \

@"Brandon Kemp" said:

@avidl satqueen said:
    I just finished my test!

Honestly, I have absoubtley no idea! The entire LSAT is completley blacked out in my memory (I cannot recall the subject of a single game or passage I had). When I received a copy of my LSAT writing today, I did not even recognize it! Overall, I do not feel very confident in regards to my score. I had to guess a lot more questions than I normally do - I think I was too stressed to function at my optimal level. Sadly, I expect I will be retaking it.

how did you receive a copy of your LSAT?

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

How do they curve the exam when there are so many variations? Do they curve specific test variations based on the performance of those who took that variation or is there one overall curve?

• A. LordeA. Lorde Member
    38 karma

@addiespitz said:

@avidlsatqueen said:
    \

@"Brandon Kemp" said:

@avidl satqueen said:
    I just finished my test!

how did you receive a copy of your LSAT?

I am assuming they are referring to looking over their LSAT writing sample, not the whole test.

• 269 karma

@srz12797 said:
    Just finished and not sure my performance reflected my true ability, a mix of nerves and IMO difficult content, as well as my proctor still talking to me as the test began (has anyone had this happen?) it was a bit distracting as I was trying to use every second I had. Thoughts? Advise? Ugh.

My proctor accidentally started my LR section without telling me while I was holding my laptop out in front of me to give them the 360-degree room-scan. I somehow realized that had happened and then frantically sat down to start the section. As I was testing, the proctor called me to tell me that she accidentally started the section (like, no sh*t) AND THAT THERE WAS NOTHING SHE COULD DO ABOUT IT. THEN WHY DID YOU CALL?! 10/10: an absolutely awful experience. Wasted so much time. Definitely had an impact on my performance. I put in a formal test-day complaint and requested an investigation by LSAC. If they validate my complaint, I get a coupon waiving the fee for the next LSAT. Yay.

You won't lose anything by requesting an investigation, even if they don't validate your complaint. You could take the score and retest, or cancel the score and retest. Either way, if you feel like the experience negatively impacted your score, you should probably retest. If you're worried about a low or cancelled score on your record, I can't imagine that a law school would not be sympathetic to a note in the addendum stating that your performance suffered as a result of a proctor's mistake. Likewise with the cancelled score.

• 71 karma

My order was LG - RC- LR

LG
    1. ordering of student seating (maybe?)
    2. upper and lower floors
    3. break in at a museum
    4. econ course w prerequisites

It was really hard mostly because it was my first section and I was really nervous. Also I kept getting the upper and lower floors mixed up in my mind. Could have been -0 could have been -5 (LMAO).

RC-
    1. Britaain - English Pacifist
    2. Inuit gov't in Canada
    3. Judicial philosophy
    4. Keystone species

Relatively easy. I thought. One question in the keystone passage that i'm still unsure about.

LR-
    1. high sodium diets (still can't figure out the answer RIP)
    2. Chinese dinosaurs
    3. arson/cracked glass

• mreed29mreed29 Member
    28 karma

I am taking the test for the first time tomorrow! This may be a silly question, but do you get breaks in between the sections or are they back to back?

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

@mreed29 said:
    I am taking the test for the first time tomorrow! This may be a silly question, but do you get breaks in between the sections or are they back to back?

You get 1 minute in between sections before the next section automatically starts. No actual breaks. You can't leave the view of the camera once the test starts.

• vgillia1vgillia1 Member
    88 karma

Any particular logic games to practice in preparation for my exam tomorrow?

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

No breaks for the June flex, but starting in august there will be.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

@SaulGoodman said:
    Just took it. My LG was incredibly easy compared to PTs. My RC seemed really difficult relative to my PTs, though. I had Locke/adult education, larvae vs ants, lying politicians, and copyright. I think I did really poorly on RC, and I'm praying that all my misses there are balanced out by a -0 LG. As for LR, I thought overall it was fine, but there were a few really tricky ones -- stealing wood from national park, low sodium diets, and more that I've blocked out of my memory already lol. LR seemed to be a toss up between really easy (like almost deceptively easy, causing me to do a lot of second guessing and probably choosing the wrong AC out of fear of falling into a trap) and really challenging. I think I was thrown in LR because usually the section increases in difficulty as the questions go on, but I thought a lot of questions were really hard right off the bat and then (deceptively?) easy towards the end. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! I'm gonna try not to obsess too much, but I'm sure I will...

I also had this test, I felt like the LR was trickier than usual but that the RC was medium. Two of the LG were harder while two were easier. What were the topics of the LG games again? Just so I know which applies to me when PowerScore releases their scale predictions (: thx! hope you score well!

• j_u_n_i_p_e_rj_u_n_i_p_e_r Member
    15 karma

@SaulGoodman said:
    Just took it. My LG was incredibly easy compared to PTs. My RC seemed really difficult relative to my PTs, though. I had Locke/adult education, larvae vs ants, lying politicians, and copyright. I think I did really poorly on RC, and I'm praying that all my misses there are balanced out by a -0 LG. As for LR, I thought overall it was fine, but there were a few really tricky ones -- stealing wood from national park, low sodium diets, and more that I've blocked out of my memory already lol. LR seemed to be a toss up between really easy (like almost deceptively easy, causing me to do a lot of second guessing and probably choosing the wrong AC out of fear of falling into a trap) and really challenging. I think I was thrown in LR because usually the section increases in difficulty as the questions go on, but I thought a lot of questions were really hard right off the bat and then (deceptively?) easy towards the end. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! I'm gonna try not to obsess too much, but I'm sure I will...

100000% agreed on LR, but I do bet it balanced out to be a near-average section. That was the most difficult/time-consuming front half of an LR I've ever noticed - I spent ~30% longer there than I normally do. The latter half did feel deceptively easy, but I genuinely felt really good about it. Definitely shook me up for the first 15 minutes or so until I got rolling.

Did you have Voting/Zoning LG? If so, I agree that was a great section for me. Finished with time to confirm a couple answer choices. Fingers crossed!

edited June 2021 31 karma

@"A. Lorde" said:

@ericchoi12 said:
    Had RC-LR-LG. Every section felt middle of the road in terms of difficulty, and the test as a whole felt average relative to PTs in the 70-80s, or potentially even a little bit easier. I found LR in particular to be a bit easier than normal, as I had 4 mins at the end to review my answers, whereas I usually finish right on time or with a minute to spare. I had the RC with insects and predator and preys, along with the passage about Inuits and territories. RC was my weakest section in my previous flex attempts, but I made a concerted effort this time to really focus on it, and I eventually got my RC performance about equal with my LR performance on PTs. I think my hard work paid off because in contrast to my previous attempts in which I felt like RC was noticeably challenging, this particular RC section did not feel notably difficult, tho I wouldn’t say it was easy either. Right about average to any RC section you’d see in the PT80s.

I took it on Saturday and had the same LG and RC sections it sounds like. The order I got was RC - LR - LG, which I think probably helped me confidence since I find RC to be my strongest section at this point.

RC was
    - Britain being pro-war before WWI and then a pacifist
    - the role of courts in interpreting the law
    - the two authors discussing aquatic keystone predators
    - I had a brutal time trying to remember the third passage, I vaguely came up with Canadian native tribes? ~you jogged my memory though; I had the territories passage as well.
    I thought this was a pretty easy RC section - with the exception of the legal passage, that one was super dense to me.

The LR questions that I remember were
    - family vacation and choosing which motel to stay in after a bad experience
    - vampire stories and rabies
    - pilots and cancer
    - using folk remedies/plants to make medicine
    - ankle injuries and the type of shoe worn
    - ivy growing on buildings
    I found this to be a fairly easy LR section. I had a little over 4 minutes left over at the end to go back and review, which was so nice.

LG was
    - the first one is the one I have the most trouble remembering - ordering of student seating?
    - upper and lower hall
    - economics classes & prerequisites (this one was just plain RUDE)
    - the order of events with the burglary in the museum, noises, etc

I'm already signed up for August - hoping/planning on that being my second (and last!) go at the beast. I know I can improve on my June score. God, waiting for the results in brutal.

I had a really wonderful proctor experience, no waiting, no weirdness, no interruptions. I was asked to move my desk a few inches so the proctor could see the door behind me, but it was honestly such a small change, didn't throw me off at all. I was a little apprehensive coming in because I saw other folks post about proctors telling them not to mouth the words and I read aloud A LOT when I practice, thankfully I didn't hear anything about my mouthing or whisper-reading.

Wish everyone the absolute best!

The only section I recognize is RC. I know for a fact I had a different LG (I didn’t have the museums and economics one) and I’m pretty sure my LR was different as I don’t recognize those topics.

Yeah I felt like RC was about average, possibly even a bit easier. I also felt like the legal passage was the most dense, tho I didn’t feel like the questions were so bad. The last passage about insects and predators/preys felt the easiest to me.

Good luck to you as well! Sounds like you did pretty well!!

• aly______aly______ Member
    78 karma

@rschade18 said:
    Anyone know if we can take writing at any time?

You have a year to take the writing portion, but you can't see your score until they have a writing sample on file- so you should take it in the coming weeks!

• rschade18rschade18 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

Anyone else not able to access lsat writing?

• Elsa2readsElsa2reads Core Member
    65 karma

Taking my test today for the first time, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Wish me luck guys!

604 karma

@Elsa2reads I'm in the same boat! Best of luck!!!

• djahjagadjahjaga Member
    38 karma

@"LSATtaker2021-1" said:
    My order was LG - RC- LR

LG
    3. break in at a museum

It was really hard mostly because it was my first section and I was really nervous. Also I kept getting the upper and lower floors mixed up in my mind. Could have been -0 could have been -5 (LMAO).

RC-
    2. Inuit gov't in Canada
    3. Judicial philosophy
    4. Keystone species

Relatively easy. I thought. One question in the keystone passage that i'm still unsure about.

LR-
    2. Chinese dinosaurs
    3. arson/cracked glass

I had the exact same test (i.e. in the same order, too). I thought the last game was deceptively easy.

Is there any chance they disclose this test?

• mreed29mreed29 Member
    28 karma

Anyone else in Texas taking the LSAT today? They said our power could go out this afternoon and I'm scared its going to happen during my test. Does anyone know what to do if that happens?

• LSATulcerLSATulcer Member
    111 karma

I'm about to take this m-fer and my nerves are shot. I didn't know our power could go out. I'm in San Antonio in a hotel...so hopefully they have generator. I would think LSAC would give us an opportunity to retest in the week. I called Friday to ask what options they would give us if the hotel had shitty WiFi or other things beyond our control. I was told they would give us another date to take it on. Try not to worry and good luck!

@mreed29 said:
    Anyone else in Texas taking the LSAT today? They said our power could go out this afternoon and I'm scared its going to happen during my test. Does anyone know what to do if that happens?

• davejonesydavejonesy Member
    50 karma

Econ & Museum were pretty tough -- think I cracked the museum one, not so sure I nailed the econ... I guess we'll see!

388 karma

@"LSATtaker2021-1" said:
    My order was LG - RC- LR

LG
    3. break in at a museum

RC-
    2. Inuit gov't in Canada
    3. Judicial philosophy
    4. Keystone species

LR-
    2. Chinese dinosaurs
    3. arson/cracked glass

yo i had the same test 😭 how did u remember all these once i took the test i completely emptied them out of my head. I thought LR was tough!!

• LoveLawJD21LoveLawJD21 Alum Member
    edited June 2021 121 karma

How someone had different test versions on the same day?

• zmaanseezmaansee Member
    32 karma

My test wasn't so bad I felt...But I was pissed right when the time went off I just figured out I was wrong about one of the LG's. and it was SO obvious....now it was me second guessing everything.

32 karma

@"LSATtaker2021-1" said:
    My order was LG - RC- LR

LG
    3. break in at a museum

RC-
    2. Inuit gov't in Canada
    3. Judicial philosophy
    4. Keystone species

LR-
    2. Chinese dinosaurs
    3. arson/cracked glass

Huh...I had the same RC but totally different LG and LR....is that normal?

32 karma

Also just tip, I know probably nobody else is taking it. but do some warm up questions! I didn't have time to do any warm up LG's and it threw me off because that was my first section...we persevere though!

604 karma

@123anami @zmaansee I had the same order but different LG. AHH can't believe it's over. Honestly just seemed like a typical PT to me. My LG was pretty easy- no hard games just had to guess on like 2 (educated guesses not random) due to time. Really don't know what to think. Congrats on finishing!

388 karma

@sarahblair congrats to you too!! I didn’t really know how to think either but I’m committing to relaxing for the next few weeks 😭 We shall see!

• mlm14gmlm14g Core Member
    9 karma

ProctorU at it again! Microphone tested on windows and on their site both confirmed sound was being recorded! Then their silly script closed my background audio card software and I sat for 90 minutes beyond my initial start time. Spoke with 3 testing proctors and 2 technical staff members and eventually I just had to scrounge up a make shift microphone; I had not slept so concentration was at 0 for RC in the 1st.

• a.andersona.anderson Core Member
    50 karma

I didn't get aaaany of my games from discussion here. Which is fine! It comforts me to know the games people are talking about being somewhat manageable weren't on my test, because most of my games I needed to make some quick guesses and inferences were not incredibly obvious at all.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Resulted in a 2 hours delay to start time due to technical difficulties with proctorU and experienced multiple interpretations during the exam... This entire experience took 4 hours... :(

• gpoudrie-1gpoudrie-1 Member
    90 karma

Just finished! Had RC - LR - LG. On the whole, a VERY reasonable test. Didn’t have the Econ preq/museum burglars games. Hoping I did as well as I think I did!

• IzzyVar55IzzyVar55 Member
    120 karma

@gpoudrie i feel the same also I think we got the same test and it seemed very average nothing like the April test l.

• ishaw18ishaw18 Member
    112 karma

@gpoudrie said:
    Just finished! Had RC - LR - LG. On the whole, a VERY reasonable test. Didn’t have the Econ preq/museum burglars games. Hoping I did as well as I think I did!

Dang, I wish I could say the same. I had both the Econ and Museum games, and while I think I nailed the econ, it ate up too much time to properly do the museum game for me. Glad it went well for you and that you were at least off the hook for the two most challenging games (in my opinion)

• NickNefsakNickNefsak Member
    43 karma

@itonydelatorre said:
    Took it earlier. Felt really good about LR as usual. Surprisingly RC felt pretty good. A little scared about LG. The first, third and last games weren't too bad, but for some reason, I just could not process something about the classes in upper and lower halls game. Had to guess on a few of those due to time.

I did great on that one (at least I think I did). I just drew out every possible scenario real quick. The museum game is the one that tripped me up. I was sure I had it all right and then the last question had me realizing my lineup was wrong and the previous five questions were probably wrong based on that. Oh well. This set of LG was definitely the one to get a -0 on, and I probably screwed that up. I felt like all the games would be labeled no more difficult than a 3 here on 7sage.

Feel pretty good about the test, but LR is always a toss-up. I've thought I did pretty well only to see I missed 12-13 on LR. So hopefully July 1 brings good news. That LSAT was definitely easier than any PT i've taken in the leadup to this thing.