Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Tutoring for August Prep! [closed]

edited July 2021 in August 2021 LSAT 239 karma

Hi y'all!

I'm planning on spending 2 hrs/week to hold free tutoring sessions for all sections for the August LSAT. I've been PTing in the mid- to low-170s range and occasionally high 160s, so I figured this would be good for discussion/tutoring. I'm pretty good with LG and RC, and am good at most question types on LR. I also weirdly really enjoy Parallel questions, so if any of you are having trouble with those, bring on your questions! Let me know in the poll if anyone would be interested in attending and your preferences, and I'll post a Zoom link if anyone would actually attend :)

If more people end up choosing Option #2, then the day is tentatively a Thursday, and would be 8:30-9:30 pm EST to accommodate for any west coasters!

**Note: As a rule, for the benefit of everyone, I'm going to try to limit questions to pre-70s PTs, or at least PTs that everyone has all done. We want to keep the newer ones in pristine condition!!!

Update edit:
people haven't been showing. see my comment below!

Held on Sundays 6 pm EST
  1. Would you prefer 2 hours a day for each week, or 1 hr for two days each week?117 votes
    1. 2 hours every Sunday (6-8 pm EST)
      77.78%
    2. 1 hr on Sunday, 1 hr on another day
      22.22%

Comments

• lsatpatternslsatpatterns Member
    148 karma

how cool, thank you!

• studying4thelsatstudying4thelsat Yearly Member
    49 karma

this is awesome, thanks!

• edited June 2021 239 karma

Woo! Great! So far, most people prefer 2 hrs/day on Sunday, so here's the Zoom info to Sunday 6-8 pm EST:

Meeting ID: 982 6106 3145
    Passcode: 496854
    https://northeastern.zoom.us/j/98261063145?pwd=V0ZCYytUbUgzcVBXT3pySTBrU05TZz09

See you guys on Sunday!! :blush:

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

I'm assuming this thing's going to be very crowded...how are you going to be able to handle the questions?

• 239 karma

@Ashley25 said:
    I'm assuming this thing's going to be very crowded...how are you going to be able to handle the questions?

If there ends up being a lot of people, hopefully we'll all be civil and go 1 by 1 and i'll answer anyone's question by the raise hand function. And of course, people are free to use the chat to jump in if they also have good explanations/answers!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited June 2021 2249 karma

@tealeavesbreadloaves said:

@Ashley25 said:

If there ends up being a lot of people, hopefully we'll all be civil and go 1 by 1 and i'll answer anyone's question by the raise hand function. And of course, people are free to use the chat to jump in if they also have good explanations/answers!

I don't think LG is going to work unless they have general questions or send you the specific game ahead of time because I don't think you will have time to do a whole game...and thanks for responding to my other question. I actually asked another one...would you answer that too? thanks

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Very nice of you @tealeavesbreadloaves I will tune in

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Wow...........!!!!!!!!!!

This is really way cool. Old school 1960's "Far Out......!!!", "Groovy.....!!!

Either sounds good to me. As the word gets around, you might have to do both times if you can.

• 144 karma

Thanks for doing this @tealeavesbreadloaves. I will tune in

• tamjg1564tamjg1564 Member
    31 karma

This is so amazing thank you so much!

• lsat2021-2lsat2021-2 Alum Member
    275 karma

I would love to do this!

• 239 karma

Thanks to everyone who came last week! I'll continue to do this until our August exam :)

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

What's the zoom password?

• tackellyotackellyo Alum Member
    20 karma

This is awesome! I'll be there for sure!

• 239 karma

hey folks! update: so, no one has been showing up recently, so if you'd like free tutoring, you can private message me to schedule if you'd want. but fair warning, for recent PTs, I would only teach: 70-76, 80-84. all of the other old ones are freebies and i'd love to work specific questions, passages, or games out with any of you :)

• Two-WallyTwo-Wally Member
    157 karma

So, are you still on for this evening?

• opipetteopipette Member
    8 karma

I missed that people we're showing up. I stood on like an idiot haha. But it did look like people would hop on and hop off and see that no one else was on and leave. I think that you should give it a second chance, or it could be that it was really hard for me to log on- I had to use my husband's account.

• Two-WallyTwo-Wally Member
    157 karma

I agree - I hope on as well

• sydlee22sydlee22 Core Member
    24 karma

Thank you, would love to join and at the very least listen in to other people's questions.

• joannamendoza6joannamendoza6 Core Member
    90 karma

Hi! Do you have any of your tutoring sessions recorded? I am more of a middle of the night, study night owl due to my busy schedule so I can never make it to these. Thought I'd ask! Thanks!