Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule

ariyana24ariyana24 Core Member
in General 5 karma

I'm in the beginning of my lsat studying process and as of now I have my test date set as January 2022, the problem is the 7sage study schedule I have made needs me to allocate 30 hours a week for lsat prep and I usually only get a couple hours in a day and get super behind by the end of the week. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of maybe working at my own pace and ignoring the schedule but if I do that I worry I will end up doing the test much later than I intended.

Comments

• 476 karma

Hey! This depends on your work/school schedule. For the first couple of months during my studies, I was interning full time which did not allow me to focus well when studying. Once I began studying early in the morning, I was more efficient with my studies. Try out different schedules to see the time that you are most efficient at. It is also alright to extend the deadline for the Core Curriculum to have a schedule that works well for you.

• honeycombcloserhoneycombcloser Core Member
    4 karma

I have the exact same schedule set, and it definitely seems a little overwhelming at first. I've found that generally I can go through each week's schedule a lot faster than the 30 allotted hours, but that's really because I tend to only cover the material in areas that I struggle (e.g., instead of watching every single video explanation, I only watch the ones on the questions I'm not entirely sure about). If you feel as though you don't have enough time, I think then that it's beneficial to figure out your weakest areas and focus on those, before moving on to the areas where you're more confident. Maybe try out the current schedule for about a week to see if you can handle the workload, and if not, push back the deadline a bit?

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

This is my opinion. I am not an expert and I am battling my own study and study schedule issues, however, in my opinion quality study is better than quantity. Quantity is good because you get the practice, but this is a hard test.

You have to know and understand the concepts and be quick like in a New York minute doing it. Also, you have to be focused. It's alright to postpone the test if you are not ready.

Furthermore, in my opinion, analyze yourself. Know your strengths and weaknesses, what you know vs what you don't know or understand and need to learn. In addition, how long it takes for you to get it done under the pressure (distractions) and atmosphere of timed test taking conditions.

Remember, this is a hard test, but it is your priority and the rewards will be great. I hope this helps.