Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage on Clubhouse: How to Stand Out as a Splitter

Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 694 karma

On Wednesday, June 30 at 9pm ET / 6pm PT, join four 7Sage Consultants discussing strategies to help splitters present strong law school application materials despite having a GPA or LSAT score below the median. There will be time reserved for a Q&A. 

If you have a Clubhouse account, use this link to RSVP and join Club 7Sage: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/event/mWVlLnN8.

If you do not currently have Clubhouse access, or are on the Clubhouse waitlist, the first 1,000 people to use this link (https://www.clubhouse.com/join/club-7sage/yS292mCD/mWVlLnN8) will be able to skip the Clubhouse waitlist for access to the platform, RSVP for our event, and join Club 7Sage. Unfortunately, we cannot provide additional access beyond the first 1,000 people. We will record the session for those unable to attend and post it to our podcast, which is available via Apple and Spotify.

We hope to see you on Clubhouse!

Comments

• 1050 karma

Hi, I'm on the clubhouse app now and I added the event to my calendar, but I can't find a way to formally RSVP. Is the session already filled up? Thanks!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2021 5740 karma

Hi @"Burden.of.Floof"

If you have a Clubhouse account, use this link to RSVP and join Club 7Sage: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/event/mWVlLnN8.

If you do not currently have Clubhouse access, or are on the Clubhouse waitlist, the first 1,000 people to use this link (https://www.clubhouse.com/join/club-7sage/yS292mCD/mWVlLnN8) will be able to skip the Clubhouse waitlist for access to the platform, RSVP for our event, and join Club 7Sage.

• shibaENUshibaENU Core Member
    102 karma

Hi, I have a same situation. I did everything but I can't find a way to formally RSVP other than the notification ring button. Is there a formal way to RSVP? or can I just join when it starts?

• SaaamuelSaaamuel Alum Member
    128 karma

Don't think i'll be able to attend live - I will look forward to the podcast! Thank you!

• selenalabairselenalabair Member
    2 karma

Hello, will this podcast be available on Google Podcasts?

• Nani FigsNani Figs Core Member
    6 karma

Please advise if this will be available as a podcast!

• Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    694 karma

Hi @alexkoo095! If you clicked on the link, the app considers you RSVP'd. It will ping you when the even room opens up. I'd recommend also following Club 7Sage if you aren't already.

694 karma

Hi @selenalabair, it will definitely be posted to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Soundcloud. I'm not sure about Google, but it's worth searching: 7Sage!

694 karma

Hi @corasicaicedo, Yes! We will post the recording as soon as it's been edited.

• x1amp9898x1amp9898 Member
    203 karma

I would like recording please! Thank you

694 karma

Hi @x1amp9898, we'll be posting the recording to our podcast after it's edited. Just search for 7Sage on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Soundcloud!

• enigmaticbgmenigmaticbgm Live Member
    edited July 2021 16 karma

Hi @"Tajira - Admissions Consultant" thanks for hosting this discussion. I walked away feeling optimistic. Look forward to joining more discussions.

• HLoom1222HLoom1222 Member
    97 karma

Hi @"Tajira - Admissions Consultant" ! I attended this event on splitters, which was really helpful. I was one of the people with my hand up at the end that there wasn't enough time to get to. I tried to post my question on Twitter but haven't gotten a response so am wondering if I perhaps tagged it incorrectly (#7SageonCH).

In any case, I was hoping I could just direct my question here:

Somewhat analogous to the question that was raised about premed majors as a particular class of low GPA splitters, I wanted to ask about what I imagine is another particular class of low GPA splitters: first generation, low-income students who experienced adjustment difficulties at, at minimum, the outset of college and then atypical adversities throughout college (so no upward GPA trend to point to). Do you have any advice for navigating the application pieces/the overarching message strategy across the different application pieces for this class of splitters in general? And any pointed advice on tackling the GPA addendum, especially in trying to walk that fine line between explanation and excuse? The first-gen low income status feels like a delicate topic to dance around. Any application pieces I attempt seem to either under-explain/under-contextualize or over-explain/over-share.

694 karma

Hi @enigmaticbgm, I'm so happy to hear that!! I just posted info for our next two Clubhouse events. We hope to see you there!

694 karma

Hi @HLoom1222, thank you so much for joining us on Clubhouse and for your question! It's not uncommon to see 1st gen college students or students who've faced socioeconomic hardships need an adjustment period to acclimate to college, and it's not necessarily something that needs to be treated delicately--context isn't an excuse. Your perspective and needs as a first generation student who perhaps also faced socioeconomic hardship make a lot of sense as a topic for a diversity statement, and it's something that then layers well with a GPA addendum that addresses the adjustment period and then highlights the progress after you got settled in. Each written statement layers upon the next, and when used effectively, they create a clear picture of your candidacy as a potential law student.

• Arete_SouthbayArete_Southbay Core Member
    324 karma

Is there a podcast version of these events for latter listening?

694 karma

Hi @Arete_Southbay, we are working on getting the recordings edited and will post this episode to the podcast soon. It will be available via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Soundcloud--just search for 7Sage!