Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

124»

Comments

• Saul TarvitzSaul Tarvitz Core Member
    20 karma

@rschade18 said:
    A 156 after 6 months of studying for my first LSAT. I don’t know if I should be proud or concerned with my score.

I've seen some schools that are more than happy to consider that score. I guess it all depends on where you want to go.

• x1amp9898x1amp9898 Member
    203 karma

Went from 135 diagnostic to 160 on June lsat, first attempt!!! I think I'm done with lsat now

• @x1amp9898 how long did you study for?

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

@rschade18 said:
    A 156 after 6 months of studying for my first LSAT. I don’t know if I should be proud or concerned with my score.

If you can honestly you worked as hard as you could before the exam and did everything in your power to be in a good mental state the day of the test, then own your score!

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

@rschade18 said:

I agree with everything else that was said. Also don't forget that the LSAT isn't the only number they take into consideration. If your GPA is solid that will also help you.

Also we all are coming from different places and have different goals for ourselves. If a 156 is on par or even better than what you have been PT'ing than you should be very proud! You can't get lucky with this test.

• maddysimmaddysim Core Member
    4 karma

This was my first time taking the LSAT and I got a 144 after PTing around 154... Honestly trying to figure out whether or not to cancel since I did the score preview. I'm seeing a lot of posts that caution against cancelling, but I know that I wasn't performing my best and that I can do much better. I will definitely be retaking later on with more study under my belt, but I wanted to know what other people's thoughts were!

• x1amp9898x1amp9898 Member
    203 karma

@ekatekuzn I studied for around 1 year. I was scheduled to take it in November of 2020 after studying 6 months, but did not feel ready, so I pushed it back to June, which helped quite a bit.

• bookcat1bookcat1 Member
    20 karma

this still feels a little unreal... i went from a 147 diagnostic to getting a 162 on this lsat (first time taker) the amount of mental breakdowns ive had the past month leading up to it... im so relieved i dont have to retake it

• reigardgrantreigardgrant Member
    18 karma

@maddysim said:
    This was my first time taking the LSAT and I got a 144 after PTing around 154... Honestly trying to figure out whether or not to cancel since I did the score preview. I'm seeing a lot of posts that caution against cancelling, but I know that I wasn't performing my best and that I can do much better. I will definitely be retaking later on with more study under my belt, but I wanted to know what other people's thoughts were!

10 under what you were PTing I would cancel, but that's me If I was you I'd keep like a 151 or above but if you study you can certainly do better if that's what you're PTing

• SKY54321SKY54321 Member
    90 karma

@maddysim said:

Personally, I would cancel this one. 10 points below your average is a pretty big gap. You will likely do much better the second time around. With a score gap that big I would only keep it if the score was already within the range of my target schools. If that score is out of target school range, then it’s really not worth keeping. Whatever you decide, best of luck on the next one!

• 61 karma

@maddysim said:

I actually had similar experience. My first take was 8 points lower than my average but I decided to keep it because it was my first take, the school would only see my improvements from now on. And keep in mind that if you use your cancel for this exam, if anything bad happens during your next take ( really hope not ), it will be bad to cancel it again IMO. So it might make sense to "save" this cancel since it's just your first take. Lastly, when I was debating if I should cancel it or not, my friend said that when schools look at "cancel", they most likely know that this is not a good score, so really I don't see much benefits cancelling this one. Best of luck!

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    86 karma

@Nextlevelroni said:
    just finished a bit ago. lr felt normal, rc was fine and 2 lg games tripped me up which sucks. but i think i did ok. so glad it's over. hoping my score is decent so i can just move on from this test forever. even if it's not decent i think i'm done lol. the most challenging thing i've ever done with working full time and doing a masters program. best of luck everyone!

Bless-- I am prepping for the August test while working full time and caring for a sick parent. It's kinda refreshing to see someone on here who is like "I hate this and I can't spend any additional time on it."

• @x1amp9898 said:
    @ekatekuzn I studied for around 1 year. I was scheduled to take it in November of 2020 after studying 6 months, but did not feel ready, so I pushed it back to June, which helped quite a bit.

Congratulations! I know there are a lot of people out there who are going for 170s (I applaud them), but for me personally 160 is a great score! Congratulations! Well deserved!