Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games online: Improving eye tracking and reducing cognitive load

edited July 2021 in Logic Games 114 karma

Even though I routinely go -0 on LG, I find games far more mentally demanding online as opposed to on paper. The constant micro-interruptions caused by the need to glance back and forth from screen to page (and then having to spend time locating/processing the text) slows me down and interrupts my train of thought. I often have to reread things I just read seconds before as a result. To put it another way, my cognitive load feels much higher when doing LG online. On the paper test you can draw a diagram literally one inch from the question and so any eye movement/tracking is minimal.

Does anyone else experience this? I don't know if I am particularly susceptible to this kind of thing, but I am looking for suggestions for how to minimize these effects since I know the online test isn't going away. Thoughts?

Comments

• jwk291291jwk291291 Member
    249 karma

I think that's just the case in general for the test. For me, I try to keep my "glancing back/re-reading" to a minimum by just getting all the info I need down on the scratch paper and never looking back at the original stim.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I'd say the lack of bubbling makes it a wash if not a positive outcome... IMO. As far as addressing it, you just gotta get used to it. Having originally trained for the 5 section paper test, I did find the transition difficult, but prefer digital by far now.