PT3.S4.Q24 - It has been claimed that an action is morally good...

rhitt19rhitt19 Member
edited July 2021 in Logical Reasoning 34 karma

So I picked A in both the first run and the blind review. I'm thinking the reason it's wrong is that the action did not cause harm and the prompt explicitly states morally bad actions cause harm. I considered E in the blind review but ruled it out because I wanted to be right about A and thought he could not have foreseen the kid being hit by a bike. But of course, when you're watching a kid that's why you want to keep them out of the street--so they don't get hit by anything.

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

So do you still have questions about this? Your post is kind of unclear...

• rhitt19rhitt19 Member
    34 karma

@Ashley2018 said:
    So do you still have questions about this? Your post is kind of unclear...

I mean not really I guess. Just going through my reasoning about what I think I got wrong. Does the reasoning seem right to you?--That's really what I'm checking for.

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    edited July 2021 1050 karma

Yes I think your reasoning is correct. This question is tricky because you need to catch the problem with A, which is subtle and what’s right about E which is also subtle.

Like you said, for A: since the action didn’t actually cause harm (even though harm was intended) it’s out of scope.

E is correct because any reasonable person would keep an eye on a three year old for fear that if they don’t, something bad might happen to them.