Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to close your Blind Review gap?

edited July 2021 in General 790 karma

I got a 155 on my last practice test with a 170 on my blind review...huge difference I know. Any advice on how to close the gap? This just proves I KNOW the material. I KNOW how to approach the questions. I need help with timing and making sure I can preform my best in the time allotted. Has anyone gone through this and figured out a strategy for turning your BR score into your actual?

Please help.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Probably depends on your specific timing issue. Are you rushing through questions because of a fear that time will run out? In that case, it's probably better to answer more slowly and accept 1-3 empty questions as a necessary loss for a higher score. Are you working through problems too slowly and running out of time to finish many questions? In that case, try drilling under time more frequently to get used to working quickly. Drilling more frequently is probably a good strategy regardless. But ultimately you need to figure out what is causing your actual test score to be that much lower and then address that specific problem.

• 150 karma

Hey Monkey,

I have a similar challenge that I am working on(160 avg 170+ BR). Maybe we should collab and have a short discussion about the source of the challenges are and we may be able to resolution solve together?

Send me a PM if interested.

• braydo29braydo29 Member
    64 karma

I closed mine by doing worse on blind review.

Sorry, I know that's not helpful lol. I think one way to work on timing is to aggressively skip questions that aren't working for you on your first read-through or so. I did better once I skipped questions that I felt were going to be tough and take more time.

Also, it gives you an opportunity to come back to the question with a fresh mindset and you might see the answer more clearly. That's what blind review does for you too, so skipping allows you to kind of blind review your answers during the test. However, this requires that you get through easier questions quickly and confidently.

I feel like a real way to tackle logic games is to get good and fast at the easy games so you have time to work through the hard ones, which is applicable to LR and RC as well.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2021 957 karma

I think @noonawoon is spot on. A large gap between your actual score and BR score is usually driven by a timing issue. There's infinite ways time can become an issue on this test (for example, not reading a passage carefully enough, not reading a LR stimulus close enough, struggling with gameboard setup), so I'd recommend diving into the timing data available after each PT and trying to point to some specific weak spots. I'd also recommend looking at target times vs your performance -- they tend to be good indicators or where you're performing great and where you need to spend some extra study time. Best of luck!