Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necessary to fool proof games from 1-35?

Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
edited June 2021 in Logic Games 919 karma

hi there! i've been seeing some folks on here talk about how they are fool proofing all the games from pt 1-35. i wanted to know if this is really recommended, as i usually only fool proof the games i am getting answers wrong in from pt 50 onwards. appreciate all of your advice

Comments

• 150 karma

not 100% sure, but I've done some later 20s early 30s and alot of those are similar in terms of sequencing in out games and some grouping. feel like its almost better to do later games and then go back to the misc games in 1-16 just in case the test throws you a curve ball

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

Fool Proofing the core curriculum games was key to me getting to -0LG. 100% recommend.

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

@jmarin5 said:
    Fool Proofing the core curriculum games was key to me getting to -0LG. 100% recommend.

@jmarin5 thanks so much for your feedback. do u mind explaining more about how you started fool proofing and how many games you did per day? this would be so helpful!

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

@wadduppeeeeeps said:

@jmarin5 said:

@jmarin5 thanks so much for your feedback. do u mind explaining more about how you started fool proofing and how many games you did per day? this would be so helpful!

Of course! I can email you a document that I made that shows pretty much everything I did. If you have another preferred method of communication let me know and we could work something out.

• aly______aly______ Member
    78 karma

I 100% recommend fool proofing 1-35 games that give you trouble (if you have enough time). You'll see some pretty interesting games in PTs 70-89 that, in my opinion, you'll be better prepared for if you practice those early games compared to games in the 50-60s.

• tapny1tapny1 Alum Member
    181 karma

@jmarin5 said:

Would you mind sharing what is Fool Proofing, please?

• RAMolinaRAMolina Core Member
    3 karma

@jmarin5 said:

Would you mind sharing this with me as well? Thanks for contributing to the discussion!

• SS.SitkaSS.Sitka Member
    100 karma

@jmarin5 Could you also share with me? Thank you so much!

• dubdub1223dubdub1223 Member
    41 karma

@jmarin5 do you mind sharing it with me as well thanks

• nurlsat234-1nurlsat234-1 Core Member
    136 karma

@jmarin5 Hey! If possible, could you please send it to me as well? thank you :)

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2021 957 karma

I'm in the same boat as @jmarin5 - it definitely got me to -0. I really struggled with LG at the beginning of my studies - after seeing how much it dragged down my PTs I decided to foolproof 1-35. It really, really helped (not only my scores, but my confidence)

One note: I wouldn't obsess over foolproofing some of the early misc games (e.g. the alphabet/words game). Every other game tho is great practice.

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

@"Burt Reynolds" Side note- I see your posts a lot and appreciate how helpful you are!

Do you mind also explaining how you fool-proofed games 1-35 and scheduled that in your week, as well as your process of fool-proofing? Thanks so much!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

hey @wadduppeeeeeps glad to hear it!

I foolproofed roughly half of 1-35 over the course of a summer. I would carve out an hour of my day before work to focus on LG alone. As far as my method, I followed the video JY made almost exactly:
    https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

So my week might look like the following:
    Monday - take a sections of games // BR them after

Tuesday - watch the videos and hammer any game that gave me issues.

Wednesday - brush up on the same games again. At this point, I should be getting them under the target time.

Then I'd start the same cycle over on Thursday. I'd also recommend documenting all of your takes on an excel file or google sheet. Make notes of the game #, game type, number of attempts, time, etc. Then you can periodically return to this list and review.