Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR score not translating into Actual Score LG

Hello folks,
I have a question about improving my LG score. I consistently get around -1 on my BR for logic games but somehow I always get 3-5 questions wrong on the actual test. Getting a good BR score does not seem to be translating into a better actual score. Does anyone have any tips for this?
Thank you!

Comments

• timbond97timbond97 Core Member
    39 karma

I believe it is about finding how the mistakes are made in timed practice but not in blind review and then bridging the gap. Meaning that you have to find how to do the patterns in timed practice right. Probably you have to reassess your habits.

• 35 karma

@timbond97 Yes I think you're right. I'm now trying to get into the mindset of developing the right habits rather than just getting questions right

• josephbraun99josephbraun99 Member
    66 karma

I work with a tutor who scored 177 and has tutored many people, and he doesn't even believe in blind review like 7sage says to do it. He says to go through it the first time without a time limit, and learn the patterns that are common to these questions. Eventually, once you are cognitively wired for it, the speed will come. Review is helpful, but theres no reason to rush the first one months before your LSAT and then only learn on your review. I went from -12 to -3-6 using that strategy.

It's like learning to play chess. Why would you start by playing 1 minute or 5 minute chess and then analyzing the hell our of your games? It makes no sense. You play 15 minute chess first, analyze those games, and eventually you know the moves well enough to play bullet well too