Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many four-star and five-star questions on the actual LR section of PT?

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
edited July 2021 in General 677 karma

Hi
I am still on LR on the CC, but I am having a difficult time with four-star and five-star questions on the problem sets on the CC. I usually get three to four questions wrong per the four-star and five-star difficulty level problem set. I was just wondering how many of these four-star and five-star questions are on the actual LR section of the PT. Also, is it normal to get three to four questions of four-star and five-star questions wrong on the problem set during the LR section of the CC?

Comments

• 571 karma

In my experience, it can vary considerably. I have done LR sections that have had 5-6 5 star questions. For others, there were no 5 star questions.

In terms of the CC, if you are talking about the problem sets, they go in order of difficulty. According to David Busis, I think we are only supposed to do a few of those problem sets and come back to the CC to do them throughout our studies later on.

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:
    In my experience, it can vary considerably. I have done LR sections that have had 5-6 5 star questions. For others, there were no 5 star questions.

In terms of the CC, if you are talking about the problem sets, they go in order of difficulty. According to David Busis, I think we are only supposed to do a few of those problem sets and come back to the CC to do them throughout our studies later on.

What do you mean do only a few of the problem sets? I thought we were supposed to go through the entire CC as a 7Sage student?

• 571 karma

If I remember correctly from one of the podcast episodes, he said that it was never intended for students to complete all of the problem sets when initially going through the CC. Rather, to come back and refresh oneself with those remaining problem sets. That doesn’t mean to not do some when initially going through the CC. You should still do a few until you get the proper implementation of the material discussed in the lessons down.

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:
    If I remember correctly from one of the podcast episodes, he said that it was never intended for students to complete all of the problem sets when initially going through the CC. Rather, to come back and refresh oneself with those remaining problem sets. That doesn’t mean to not do some when initially going through the CC. You should still do a few until you get the proper implementation of the material discussed in the lessons down.

I don't mean to argue with you but I find that hard to believe because I am sure JY created this entire CC for his subscribers to go through it and learn how to do different types of questions and everything

I contacted many tutors within S. Korea who scored 175 or above and one of them told me to do the CC because it builds upon the foundation and a strong foundation is necessary to do well on the LSAT

Obviously, we are free to do what we want.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@valuequietness I don't think anyone's suggesting not to do the full CC. They're just suggesting that you don't do all of the problem sets in a specific section of the CC in a row, right after you've been introduced to a topic -- the suggestion is to save some and go back when you want to review certain question types. I certainly did this myself, and I think the checkmarks in the syllabus are made, at least in part, for that purpose.

Ultimately, most people will have better long-term retention if they do it this way; it seems counterintuitive to be introduced to a topic, take all of the problem sets for that particular topic, and then not think of it again until it shows up on a full PT.

Hope that helps!

• WoodsCommaElleWoodsCommaElle Live Member
    398 karma

For reference, the episode that @DontPay4LawSchool mentioned is here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/28601

Definitely agree with leaving some problem sets behind (my own rule of thumb was to do half the number of psets available for that one section and then move onto the next one). This allows you to take advantage of spaced repetition when you eventually finish the CC and go into section drills/full PT-ing