Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"most helpful in evaluating"

andreaefthyandreaefthy Core Member

Anyone have any tips on how to tackle these questions? Usually goes: which one of the following would be most useful in evaluating the argument made. I've been trying to identify an assumption and pick the answer choice that is relevant to that assumption but it's working 50/50.

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited July 2021 686 karma

@andreaefthy I generally try to answer the question either way and figure out if one of the answers noticeably strengthens/weakens the argument. The questions posted in the answer choice tend to be yes/no answers, so for example, I would read answer choices like this:

A ) Would answering "Yes" strengthen/weaken?... no effect. Would answering "No" strengthen/weaken?... no effect. Eliminate.
    B ) Would answering "Yes" strengthen/weaken?... no effect. Would answering "No" strengthen/weaken?... no effect. Eliminate.
    C ) Would answering "Yes" strengthen/weaken?... no effect. Would answering "No" strengthen/weaken?... HUGE EFFECT (would either break the argument or offer a ton of support). Choose this.

Hope that makes sense/helps!