How reliable are the really old PT's (specifically A, B, C, and F97)?

zoomzoomzoomzoom Member
in General 462 karma

So I know the most recent PT's are obviously the most representative of the real thing... but I am running short on these and so I have had to now turn to older PT's to compensate and get that "never before seen" experience.

I know the test has changed a lot since the 1990's but could performance on these still help serve as an accurate predictor of one's scores?

Comments

• CripTheLawCripTheLaw Member
    45 karma

I really don't think they will be very accurate predictors of your success. Some fundamentals have changed quite a bit in 30 years. If you are completely out of 1-89, when was the first one you took? If it has been more than six months I do not see the problem in taking the first ones you did again. Unless you are getting 180s on every single preptest you retake there is still more to learn from them. Retakes may not be the best predictor but they are better than first time takes of the oldest exams.

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

My comment is that they may be old, but I would study and practice on anything I could get my hands on. The more the merrier.