Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Pattern (-2/passage). Why do I consistently get 2 wrong?

Hello,

I feel like I have a solid grasp of the RC section, but almost always consistently get -2 or 3 wrong on each passage. This is for all difficulty levels, and all topics. At first I had issues with the main point questions, but I feel like I'm good on that now. I'm trying to understand what I can do to gain insight into why I keep getting the same number of problems wrong, and how I can improve from here. I don't know if this is random or because I am missing out on doing something. Any insight is welcome, thank you!

Comments

• soupdishsoupdish Member
    69 karma

A couple things:

1. What kinds of questions are you getting wrong? Is a mix of inference, attitude, strengthen/weaken questions? This is a good starting point.

2. How long are you taking to read the passage? It's helpful to spend more time on the passage to really get a solid grasp of what's going on before going into the questions -- I spend anywhere from 4 to 5 minutes at times, and even though that seems like a lot, I end up breezing through the questions in about 3-4 minutes with minimal difficulties.

• patra5cgpatra5cg Member
    edited July 2021 109 karma

A couple of suggestions:
    1. Try to find if there is any patterns in the questions you got wrong
    2. Maybe re-examine your approach to questions (i.e. is it a question that I should have returned to the passage but did not (overconfident-error)? is it a question that I should have answered using my big picture understanding but did not?