Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Powerscore Crystal Ball Webinar worth it?

Hsum_J.DHsum_J.D Member
in General 20 karma

It's not exactly expensive ($40), but I'm just wondering if the info is even worth absorbing.

Powerscore Crystal Ball Webinar
  1. Is it worth it?53 votes
    1. Yes
      64.15%
    2. No
      35.85%

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Have you seen any of the others?

• Hsum_J.DHsum_J.D Member
    20 karma

I have not.

8313 karma

I think the info is worth $40 if you've never seen one.

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

I'd say it's absolutely worth it! They predicted the EXACT test they would pull from on the last administered LSAT flex. They are really good at what they do and know the LSAT extremely well. It's too bad they are charging now because I've listened before and haven't paid.

• T.A. AusafT.A. Ausaf Yearly Member
    edited July 2021 70 karma

@whatlikeitshard You don't have to pay if you attend live. You have to attend live though, or pay for access through their course/website if you want to access the material.

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

What is the link to purchase it?

• makena_808makena_808 Member
    93 karma

Where can we purchase the webinar?

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    edited July 2021 145 karma

@canihazJD Would you say that it's worth $40 even if you've already seen one before? The one that I watched was for previous different test administrations.

@whatlikeitshard Was it helpful when they predicted the exact test LSAC would pull the Flex from? That test wasn't released, was it? If not, what was the benefit of the information? Were they able to tell you specifically what to work on before test day (e.g., practice more formal logic or drill more pattern games)? I did attend one before and I think I found it useful at the time, but I don't quite remember what about it was useful.

8313 karma

@"Learned Astronomer"

For me, no. But I would say $40 is worth not having to stress out about it if you think it will affect you. The content side won't be significantly different than the last few, but there will be more info on the new format if you don't feel comfortably familiar with what you should be expecting. They are definitely good at what they do, but as far as predicting one of the tests used last month, let's not forget that that test had been a prime candidate for reuse since the flex test started, and had been tossed around for a while. It was going to happen sooner or later, and it happened on literally the last flex test.

• JustaKidJustaKid Member
    114 karma

I attended it and thought it was really helpful. Is it worth $40? That's really subjective and depends on your financial situation. If you spend $40 on a weekend outing then yeah I think it's worth sacrificing a weekend of fun to improve your chances at scoring higher. If you're struggling to pay rent then I would say probably not. I really liked that they broke down the number of question type you can expect to see for LR and they predicted what kind of LG games you'll see. It was more in-depth than I thought it would be.

179 karma

@JustaKid - Do you have the link to purchase it?

179 karma

@"Hsum_J.D" - Do you have the link?

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

Following

• lsat2021-2lsat2021-2 Alum Member
    275 karma

Where can you purchase it?

• LSAT AbleLSAT Able Member
    137 karma

The one I went to for the June LSAT was free... did they start charging?

• aammii72aammii72 Core Member
    8 karma

I can't find the link to purchase it, if anyone can please share :)

• 27 karma

following! where can we find this link?

• michael_mmichael_m Member
    20 karma

Absolutely not. I attended the live event and it felt very gimmicky. Hopefully it worked well for marketing. Save your money and study hard!

• 66 karma

Hey! I missed the live session - where can you purchase?

• edited July 2021 66 karma

To anyone who wants to purchase: emailed PowerScore and here is the response and link!

Yes, if you would like to access the recording, you would want to purchase one of our courses, analytics packages, or tutoring packages.

The most affordable option of these options is our Testing & Analytics package subscription: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publications/digital-tests/. The total cost comes to $39.99 for two months (Please note that after the first 60 days, you are charged a renewal of $19.99/30 days until you let us know to cancel. You also would need the $99 LSAC Prep Plus, if you don’t have it through LSAC already.)

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

@michael_m What was gimmicky about it?

• 20 karma

I purchased the Testing & Analytics package and can't seem to find the recording anywhere in the Student Center. Where can we find it? Does anyone know?