Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduling available!

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you all know that scheduling is available for the August LSAT! Go to ProctorU if you haven't already and set up and account!

Comments

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    edited July 2021 340 karma

Thanks for posting! I'm trying to schedule as a first time test taker.
    What if I don't have username or password for ProctorU, do I have to wait for LSAC to send the email with sign-in credentials?

When I try to sign up with LSAC as the institution, it says "This Institution does not permit creating a ProctorU account. Please navigate to your course Learning Management System for scheduling and rescheduling ProctorU reservations."

• 296 karma

Yes I got the email from LSAC saying we can expect an email.... nothing from them!

• byul1000byul1000 Member
    78 karma

I'm in the same boat! I don't see an email with the instructions, and I'm not able to create an account via Proctor U. Anyone know what we should do?

• kat12345-1kat12345-1 Member
    edited July 2021 32 karma

Mine went to my promotions folder in gmail!

• rugbyfan10rugbyfan10 Member
    37 karma

Just got it, site has crashed.

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

Yep site is down I am trying to sign up for a time

• WickedLostWickedLost Member
    481 karma

You can just access the ProctorU website directly via a google search and make the account/schedule the test that way

• 51 karma

Hi, LSAC creates an account/password with the email you used on LSAC, so just click "forgot password" and reset it and select a time. That worked for me!

• LattechocoLattechoco Yearly Member
    57 karma

Ughhhhhh, site's still down.

• 296 karma

Refresh proctor u! seems to be working now!

37 karma

this is a terrible system lol, nothing works now

• WishingOnAStarWishingOnAStar Alum Member
    83 karma

Calling ProctorU now.

• SwissCheese4123SwissCheese4123 Free Trial Member
    edited July 2021 35 karma

Still down, right...?

Edited: Just got in (12:19 pm) and could schedule.

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    86 karma

Lol wayyyy too many type A ppl trying to rego all at once. Proctor U not ready for this

57 karma

mpereira962D is right. Just keep refreshing for each step. I was able to schedule that way.

• mendoza90mendoza90 Member
    65 karma

Were you guys asked if you were an EU citizen?

edited July 2021 57 karma

Don't call. I tried and it's just a voice message. It's useless. Just keep refreshing!

340 karma

Yo, all I get each time is a "405 Not allowed" screen. IS anyone else getting that. This is so frustrating!

37 karma

Just keep refreshing and eventually you get each page to load

86 karma

Wow this is such a waste of time, cheers LSAC

• audrey1004audrey1004 Live Member
    72 karma

@mendoza90 said:
    Were you guys asked if you were an EU citizen?

yep!

seconding lattechoco, keep refreshing proctoru when you get the error page y'all! i was eventually able to schedule (i did have to refresh one page 5 times lol)

• yascha04yascha04 Member
    73 karma

Has anyone been able to register?

• WishingOnAStarWishingOnAStar Alum Member
    83 karma

Can confirm... refresh like cray. It works.

• tacobell42069tacobell42069 Core Member
    4 karma

Love how the site keeps crashing!

• theDMF3KtheDMF3K Member
    9 karma

Seems like the site is back up. I was just able to schedule.

86 karma

@yascha04 said:
    Has anyone been able to register?

Yeah finally just got in. Had to refresh every page like 10 times. Back to my day job, lol.

• happydandyhappydandy Member
    31 karma

I was able to register just now, I just kept refreshing! I had to refresh 7-8 times to get to the login page, then after I chose my time slot I had to refresh a few more times to get to the scheduling confirmation page

• byul1000byul1000 Member
    78 karma

I was able to get through finally and schedule it! Just to calm anyone panicking, lots of slots were wide open for me, so it will be ok lol just keep refreshing :)

• Kd123456Kd123456 Core Member
    34 karma

First time ProctorU user.
    Keep getting the below despite refreshing numerous times....of course can't get ahold of ProctorU...

405 Not Allowed
    nginx/1.18.0

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

Yep just registered!

• 296 karma

just got thru keep refreshing!

• edited July 2021 16 karma

Where can I schedule for LSAT Writing?

340 karma

Just echoing what others have said, keep refreshing. I finally was able to schedule. That was so stressful. Lord have mercy Jesus, I need to go sit somewhere and calm down LOL.

• Kd123456Kd123456 Core Member
    34 karma

Finally got through. Goodness gracious.

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

Yep! Just got my time. Good grief, proctor U needs to be more professional about this and update their systems. Their site shouldn't be crashing like this. It's not like there are millions of users like Pokemon Go on its release.

• 67 karma

Just registered after several "405 Not Allowed" messages. I was using my password, which was definitely the right one, and it didn't recognize it. Requesting a password reset, and refreshing often, seemed to work for me. Also, definitely don't call...it's just a voice message system. Lols, I hope they enjoy my angsty but stern voicemail about their system crashing. :)

• Marina F.Marina F. Core Member
    12 karma

@"PROMISED LAND" when I received the email from the LSAC saying that registration was open, I was given a temporary pw to use. Hope that helps!

@"Marina F." Thank you! I realized shortly after posting, I'd just have to wait for the email, and when the email came late (and then the site didn't work) I started freaking out lol. I'm all good now! Happy studying to you and I hope your exam goes great when the day comes!

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    edited July 2021 298 karma

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

For "Institution" do we select LSAC?? I haven't received any instructions on this and feel so lost lol. Proctor U is saying I can't create an account under that institution.

@ah2cp I tried and found out that you can't sign up that way. Go to the email LSAC sent you and click on the link in the email which LSAC should have sent you (https://go.ProctorU.com/session/new). Put in your login credentials (email and password from email), and it should work from there. Hope this helps!

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

What do I do if they haven't sent me my email yet?

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

Nevermind my email just sucks and like locked the message cus it didn't recognize it! Thanks for your help!

• sarahkoolaidsarahkoolaid Member
    45 karma

LSAC sends out an email with your username and password to log in to ProctorU. You will not be able to create an account without the account information they assigned you, so you must have the email (from my experience, just scheduled my test for August). Check all of your mailboxes! Good luck everyone!

• A. LordeA. Lorde Member
    38 karma

@christalcheng18 said:
    Where can I schedule for LSAT Writing?

Howdy! You can complete the writing portion right on the LSAC website. They'll send you an email (like someone else mentioned above, some of my emails from them have gone into my 'promotions' folder), I believe 8 days before testing opens? So I would think approximately August 6th? The email will tell you that the writing section is open.

I suggest getting in there and completing it sooner rather than later. It's really not difficult at all, and they don't expect you to be perfect. Just practice arguing for one course of action over another and see where you can get in 35 minutes, as far as outlining, writing, and saving a bit of time for editing.

Hopefully someone can learn from my mistake... I took the LSAT for the first time in June (retaking ~AND CRUSHING IT~ in August). So I completed the writing prompt in the beginning of June. I was super happy with the prompt I got and thought I did such a great job. After a few days, I got an email stating that my essay was rejected because I had my smart watch on. Total rookie mistake. I didn't even use my watch, didn't even look at it, but of course rules are rules. It wasn't the end of the world. I took the damn watch off and completed the writing the next day. Just something to be aware of, because I was bummed to have a prompt that I was much less enthused about.

Good luck!!

• edited July 2021 16 karma

@A. Lorde Thank you so much for passing on the information, I really appreciate it! And, I'm so sorry to hear that they rejected your Writing simply because you were wearing a smart watch, that's really unfortunate ;(! But I'm sure you'll excel on this one, best of luck! Thank you once again!

• joochan7eejoochan7ee Core Member
    4 karma

I'm also a first time taker and I got the email in my "Promotions" category in Gmail!