Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

External Noise from Helicopter during LSAT

legalease4lifelegalease4life Core Member
edited July 2021 in General 19 karma

Hello all,

I work in the General Counsel's office of a large area hospital and I had planned to take my LSAT in one of our conference rooms or offices. The issue is, while it does not bother me, will the emergency helicopter landing right outside my window (or close enough), set-off any sort of trigger to the proctor or possibly disqualify my exam? As I said, I work through this sound every single day and it doesn't affect me, but I just realized that might pose a problem with the Proctor. Any advice or experiences with very loud external noises during the exam that are out of your control? TIA

Comments

• philsmith1314philsmith1314 Member
    23 karma

If it's as loud as I'm imagining a helicopter landing next to the exam room is, that would definitely get the proctor to stop the exam and ask about what's going on. Not exactly a one-to-one comparison, but it started thunderstorming during my LSAT and I looked outside when there was a huge crack of thunder. The proctor instantly stopped the exam and made me show him my surroundings and explain what had happened. You should probably find another room to take the exam.

• legalease4lifelegalease4life Core Member
    19 karma

This is good to know, we get our fair share of thunderstorms here too, so I will be on the hunt for a new location. Thank you very much for responding!