Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recording taking the tests

RedRidingHood-1RedRidingHood-1 Live Member
in General 173 karma

I have been listening to the podcasts and some of them suggest recording the PTs and re-watching them later. How do people do this (if they do). Like logistically, how do you record yourself taking a practice PT in the most effective manner?

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Has a good system for this and can probably expound upon it. My understanding is that you basically angle a laptop and/or set a phone on a shelf to be able to see what you're doing, and then watch back to recall what you were thinking as it was happening.

• Arete_SouthbayArete_Southbay Core Member
    325 karma

Just google search screen recording software, if you are using chrome you download screen recorder from chrome addon site.

• RedRidingHood-1RedRidingHood-1 Live Member
    173 karma

I meant more when I am taking LG on paper @Arete_Southbay

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

Ummmmmm, if you want to record yourself as in your body posture, get a web cam. If you want to record your actual mouse movements/highlighting on the digital test, I recommend recording through XBox with windows button g. It's next to Fn/Alt if you use Microsoft.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@gss79 said:
    I meant more when I am taking LG on paper @Arete_Southbay

For a paper take just get one of those long flexible phone holders. Easy peasy.

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

I also was slightly confused by people saying they did this when I listened to the podcast until I realized that most of them took the LSAT/used 7Sage before the timing analytics came out on the platform. This was a way for them to see how long they were spending on each question. So, if you still want to do it, go for it! However, I believe that was the primary reason they were doing it. Hope this helps!