Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Games to Fool Proof

edited July 2021 in Logic Games 9 karma

Hi, i actually did the core curriculum but have struggled with timing and game recognition. I found some games on newer prep tests to be way different than in PT 1-PT35. can someone who has improved on games substantially recommend me what games they used to fool proof? Thank you. I was getting -9 on gamesUNTIMED

WHAT GAMES USED TO FOOL PROOF
  1. GAMES USED TO FOOLPROOF24 votes
    1. PT 1-PT35
      66.67%
    2. PT36-PT60
        4.17%
    3. PT 60+
      29.17%

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

If you're hitting -9 on untimed games, you're not going to benefit from FoolProofing more recent games -- it means you're missing some common fundamentals that the earlier tests can teach you and the later tests can affirm.

Make note of the game types that are giving you trouble and start from the earliest ones available. FoolProofing recent games without a command of the principles that guide the earlier games would be detrimental to your improvement and (at least in my opinion) your ultimate success.

Hope that helps!

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

Yeah, -9 means you still don't actually understand logic games that well. Total understanding is -4 or less usually.... (I'm struggling for that too lol) I recommend using the mid to later tests because a lot of the earlier ones are very irrelevant, like weird subway games with connecting tracks, or some space rover one that are completely Misc. Literally, start by mastering SIMPLE SEQUENCING and BASIC IN/OUT. These are the two game types that will allow you to do the later ones. If you don't, then logic games will become much more difficult because a majority of games on the later tests are variations of those types. After that, do pure grouping and then go to the advanced types. If you master the first two, the I guarentee you'll be able to get your score up from -9.