Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone experienced this? Should I cancel my test?

bksportsbksports Member
in General 4 karma

I took the June test and scored in the bottom of my target range but still relatively satisfied. I am scheduled to take the August test in a couple weeks. I took some time off post-June test, but I've now been studying consistently for a month (with a week break mixed in).

I've since started working full time, and my study time has been reduced significantly. My PT scores are much lower than my June score and have been stagnant over the last 2 weeks. I'm sure it's some form of burnout, but I've found that the more time I take off the more my score suffers. With my test in 2 weeks I don't think I can afford anymore breaks.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Should I just power through or cancel my August test? Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• jp928539jp928539 Member
    15 karma

First, I would look at the median LSAT score for law school you are considering getting into. If you meet the median or higher I wouldn’t worry about retaking the test. If you happen to be below that isn’t a huge issue if it falls within the range of typically admitted. Second, some law schools average your two scores and use that as your LSAT. If you received a 150 then a 160 the score schools use would be 155. As always when retaking a test you run into the possibility of scoring lower and the effect could create a negative impact on your PB. Do your research and see if the school averages. If not, then it would do no harm to try again. Best of luck!

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

I don't think schools average the LSAT score...pretty sure the policy changed a while back to "super score" -- i.e. take the highest score. unless there is that one outlier school that still averages scores....

• majilatmajilat Member
    99 karma

Would you be willing to sit for the October test instead? Yes law schools take your highest score but, worst comes to worse, if your August score is lower than your June score, my understanding is that law schools generally do not look at that drop in score favorably. Waiting until October will 1. buy you time to recover from burnout 2. help you craft a study schedule you can stick to while working full-time 3. give you a fresh perspective on some parts of the test after taking some time off.