Problem sets - no video explanations

LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member

Hi everyone,

I am struggling a bit with weakening questions and thus am completing problem sets. I noticed that the problem sets don't have video explanations, but rather discussions instead.

Does anyone know why this is? I actually do like listening to J.Y. and his videos are helpful.

Nonetheless, I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't videos are the prob sets.

Comments

• LSAT LizardLSAT Lizard Alum Member
    edited July 2021 331 karma

Nearly all of the questions without explanations are from the oldest tests, PT1-PT16. I think these older tests are least used for practice (the core curriculum goes all the way up to PT35), so might've just been deemed not a high enough priority to make videos for.

If you try newer weaken questions they generally have explanation videos, but also if there are particular old questions you want explanations for you can post them here! It is certainly more effort to post one than having a video already available, but pretty much every LR question posted here gets people coming in and writing explanations.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @LegallyLSAT,

Sorry about that.

We currently have Explanation Videos for nearly every question in every PrepTest:

• Logical Reasoning: PrepTests 17 - 89
    • Logic Games: every PrepTest ever published
    • Reading Comprehension: PrepTests 1 - 89

You can find all our Explanation Videos on this page: https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/.

For the questions that do not have an Explanation Video, you can search for any past question discussion on the Discussion Forum, by typing in the PrepTest number, section number, and question number in the search box in the following format: PT#.S#.Q#. See the GIF below where I searched for PT1.S3.Q11:

You can also post your own discussion on the Forum. When posting a question in the Forum, please use the following formats:

• Reading Comprehension (RC) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (P#) - brief description of stimulus" E.g. PT60.S1.Q7 (P4) - weakened immune system cancer

• Logic Games (LG) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (G#) - brief description of question" E.g. PT40.S2.Q7 (G2) - could be true of the study

• Logical Reasoning (LR) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question" E.g. PT37.S1.Q12 - Political scientist: Efforts to create a more egalitarian

You can see our Formatting Guidelines on this page.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns

• HarveySpectraHarveySpectra Member
    42 karma

Ms. Juliet thank you so much! I've been doing PTs 1-12 for RC and LG drilling and I was hopeless that none of the other tests would have LR reasoning just like the 1-12 PTS but now that I know PT 17 on is where I need to practice. You're the best!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @Vivlawyer

You're welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

• LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member
    161 karma

Thank you everyone. I thought this was the case but wanted to double check.

Love this prep course!