Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weigh In On My Score Drop Off...pls

JenniferKauJenniferKau Member
in General 34 karma

Hi Friends !

I'm taking the LSAT for the second time in a couple weeks. The first time around I scored a 162.

This time, my scoring has hit a consistent 167 in most of the PrepTests i've taken (mostly 70s or 60s). Recently I've been feeling a bit bored or unmotivated, maybe just fatigue. Today I scored a PrepTest...160... I'm sad to see such a drop off. In my review, I feel like I missed questions and don't even know why I chose the AC I did ! Where's my head !

Any tips? Should I just take a few days off or is this a sign of something worse ?? Do I consider not writing? :S I feel nervous about taking time off so close to my sitting.

I write in 2 weeks, hoping to not score anything lower than a 165/166.

Let me know what you think !! All thoughts are welcome, thank you <3

Comments

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

Definitely not a sign of something worse! Honestly, it sounds like you already know you're ready for a break. Being burnt out almost always causes you to score lower than your potential. I know it can be scary to take a break so close to the test, but use your score as evidence. A PT is nothing more than a chance to show you what you need to work on. The data on this PT is telling you your head was elsewhere, which calls for a break. I've used this analogy on another post, but I think it really puts things into perspective!

Think about athletes; they practice and practice for a major game, but if they never take a break from all that practicing, they're bound to fatigue and pull a muscle. The big game arrives and now they're in no shape to perform their best, all because they didn't rest their body.

Don't worry about your PT score. Like I said, all it is is feedback for what you need to improve on. It's the best of both worlds; the score doesn't count AND you get precise information for what you can work on to do better next time!

• JenniferKauJenniferKau Member
    34 karma

@csharm002
    Thank you so much for reading & replying! Helps to hear what someone else thinks, I'm never really sure of my choices in the LSAT world LOL You're totally right xx

• Pretzel LogicPretzel Logic Member
    227 karma

Jennifer, just keep chipping away. Bad practice exams happen / is normal. Wake up tomorrow and get right back to studying, look yourself in the mirror and say, "Nope! A bad PE won't stop me."