Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't overdo it.

lsatbeezylsatbeezy Member
in General 61 karma

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing some discussion posts of people who have been getting burnt out from studying. I am writing this after taking a week long break from studying for the LSAT. I take the LSAT on the 15th of this month and I usually study 6 days and two hours everyday. Ive been doing this pretty much all year and some of last year too. I have finally gotten pretty much to where I want to be. I took the LSAT last august and got a 156 and now I'm scoring in the 170's. Knowing that I've been making good progress, I decided to take a break. Usually, it's quite fun to take the test and know I'm doing well and improving but it was getting to the point where I was about to start dreading studying. Once I was about to hit that point, I knew it was time for a break and let me tell you ... it was much needed. I feel much better about going into the test and I am ready to get my study on for the next two weeks!

For those test takers who are also taking the test this months, let's take a breath and applaud ourselves for all of the hard work we've done in order to get where we are! I wish everyone happy testing and high scores!!

Comments

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

Omg I'm scoring high 150s/low 160s. How do you do it lol. It's so hard and frustrating and I'm not seeing any progress in the last few weeks besides marginal improvements. Thanks for the time for this post :)

• meiting.chenmeiting.chen Member
    49 karma

Thank you for sharing these words of encouragement and wisdom!! If taking a break helps with mental agility then it is absolutely worthwhile to do so. And everyone's pace and habits are different--do what's best for you and stay calm.

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    edited August 2021 445 karma

Yeah same here, have been studying full-time since May and meanwhile scoring in the 170's, but I discovered how in the last 2-3 PT's my brain was just on autopilot-mode during LR and didn't really read the questions. Took a two-day break where I did nothing but work out, shop, relax and play video games, and I already feel re-energized. Next 3 days will also be a bit more relaxed - reading Economist, foolproofing some Logic Games, do untimed RC passages and go through my vocab list.

• lsatbeezylsatbeezy Member
    61 karma

@agc438 said:
    Omg I'm scoring high 150s/low 160s. How do you do it lol. It's so hard and frustrating and I'm not seeing any progress in the last few weeks besides marginal improvements. Thanks for the time for this post :)

I spent a lot of time scoring the the 158-162 range but I just kept working on problem sets and practice tests until I got better. I usually do a blind review of my tests/practice sets but I also sometimes find it beneficial to just immediately check my scores and then see which ones I got wrong and then find my mistakes! It's different for everyone and you will get there eventually!