Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How representative of modern LSATs are tests like 70+?

agc438agc438 Alum Member
edited August 2021 in General 253 karma

I'm noticing that the 70-75 mark, games are more easy in terms of logic games with barely any misc games, difficulty spikes in reading comprehension with passages being 8 questions sometimes and much longer passages, and practical complete shifts in LR to strength/weaken/flaw questions with the other types sprinkled in.

Am I being too analytical or is this shift more permanent so I should change my remaining study schedule?

Thanks!

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

If you are talking about the test being representative as a whole, then I would say they are very much similar. However, section wise difficulty could change time to time. In one test there will be an easier LG and in another it could be brutal. But overall if they put one difficult session then the other sections are comparatively easier.

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

Well remember that only one test gets realesed, in the 70-75 there were likely version of the exam that had harder logic games etc, you never know what version youll get on test day

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

@JMPlaw19 said:
    Well remember that only one test gets realesed, in the 70-75 there were likely version of the exam that had harder logic games etc, you never know what version youll get on test day

I'm not necessarily talking about actual exam difficulty for one. I'm talking about general patterns. Strengthen/Weaken questions were MUCH less consistent on the older LSAT's and now they're actually showing up more with some tests having 4 or 5+ of weaken and flaw question types. I'm guess these trends are indicative of what to concentrate on instead of putting more effort in parallel questions that only show up once or twice per test.

Also, games are definitely seeming more "gameable" because there just aren't as many bizarre misc. games as the older tests from 1-30.

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    edited August 2021 144 karma

@agc438 said:

@JMPlaw19 said:

I'm not necessarily talking about actual exam difficulty for one. I'm talking about general patterns. Strengthen/Weaken questions were MUCH less consistent on the older LSAT's and now they're actually showing up more with some tests having 4 or 5+ of weaken and flaw question types. I'm guess these trends are indicative of what to concentrate on instead of putting more effort in parallel questions that only show up once or twice per test.

Also, games are definitely seeming more "gameable" because there just aren't as many bizarre misc. games as the older tests from 1-30.

Again though, you may see a pattern, but per testing year there are many sessions and each session has multiple versions. So each year, there are about 20+ logical reasoning sections that students take, and only one of those 20+ is released. So while there may be a pattern, it is not indicative, because what is to say that all the other versions that year had different patterns? Just this past year in 2020 there were about 2-3 very bizzare misc games on the LSAT in the second half of the year.