Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking August LSAT and Feeling Discourage

AnnBurnsAnnBurns Core Member
in General 31 karma

So i've been studying for about 3-4 months. I'm consistently scoring in the low 160s but would like to break 170. Originally I struggled a lot with logic games so I worked hard on those but the last 3 weeks or so my test scores have gone down from my highest (166) because im missing 7-8 questions each on RC and LR. Originally I was missing far fewer on those sections and i'm feeling frustrated that my score in those sections has gotten worse. I know I can retake the test but any encouragement or advice? I'm particularly struggling on NA questions for LR and just not understanding passages in RC (i.e. I'll get every question right for one passage in RC and then four wrong in the next one). Idk what I'm asking for but any comments are appreciated!

Comments

• Belle.lawBelle.law Member
    30 karma

Hey! In a similar situation and feeling antsy about the test next week. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and we totally got this! I've been using the analytics and problem set tools to create custom full length tests that only contain my problem areas. The scores are definitely lower than regular PTs, but it's definitely boosting my confidence when I switch back to regular sets. Maybe that could help you too

• 36 karma

@"Belle.law" said:
    Hey! In a similar situation and feeling antsy about the test next week. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and we totally got this! I've been using the analytics and problem set tools to create custom full length tests that only contain my problem areas. The scores are definitely lower than regular PTs, but it's definitely boosting my confidence when I switch back to regular sets. Maybe that could help you too

How do you get the analytics to make the custom tests with problem areas?? Thank you!

• Peter LuoPeter Luo Core Member
    37 karma

let's push through this. i just got back from a drive after finishing a PT at 2am. Hang in there. You're not alone!

• bairhsnyvabairhsnyva Core Member
    8 karma

I'm in the same boat - scoring between 161-166 on all my PTs and trying to get up to 170 by next week 0_0. My advice is to not get too down on yourself and be proud of the progress you're making. You're striving for an exceptional score so you can't expect to get there without a few bumps along the way :)

• ban3rcban3rc Member
    74 karma

yeah i was averaging in the mid 160's but dipped into the lower 160s on the most recent practice tests. Pt 85 killed me. Anyone else? RC is my hardest section. Praying for a decent RC section on this august exam.

• LunaNicoLunaNico Member
    24 karma

In the same boat. I struggle with timing so much, so scared not be able to finish sections. Retaking in Oct.

• Belle.lawBelle.law Member
    30 karma

Hey! I usually go through analytics and pick my top 5 problem areas for each section and then just create timed problem sets of 23, 25, 26, 23 (question number equivalent to a real test) with only those problem areas and adjust the level of difficulty. Best of luck!

@legallystoopid said:

@"Belle.law" said:

How do you get the analytics to make the custom tests with problem areas?? Thank you!

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

@ban3rc said:
    yeah i was averaging in the mid 160's but dipped into the lower 160s on the most recent practice tests. Pt 85 killed me. Anyone else? RC is my hardest section. Praying for a decent RC section on this august exam.

OMG SAME. I'm averaging straight -9s and it's eating my soul lol.

• Carlgogo7Carlgogo7 Core Member
    13 karma

Same in lower 160s currently. RC is also my worst part, sometimes I could get -4 but the next PT -12. As a non-native speaker, these wording and topics are so hard for me. Just keep drilling and hope someday I can break trough it. Don't give up.

• 438 karma

Hi, I shared some tips here, the initial thread was about LG but my tips for the other sections are in the comments if you scroll

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/182513

Also you might benefit from waiting a little to take the test if you have a goal score in mind

• AnnBurnsAnnBurns Core Member
    31 karma

Thank you all! I had no idea about the analytics thing but that’s a good idea. The 80s PTs are really killing me in everything but LG. I took a PT from the 1990s and got -2 on RC and LR and I’m currently wishing i could translate that to the later prep tests. I’m glad to hear other people are in the same boat- good luck to you all! We got this!

• HarveySpectraHarveySpectra Member
    42 karma

I feel you 1000%. I'm supposed to be taking the lsat next week, and I'm scoring 161-162 and I want at least a 170 next week sooooo

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

I am in the same boat as all of you!!!!! I have been scoring around 164-167 on my last several practice exams but now I worry that I'm slipping, and I want to be no lower than 168 on the exam. I am just holding out hope and trust in myself that I have done the work and will leave it all out there on test day!!! I am so so so nervous because now I've set my sights on better schools. But absolute worst case just retake it in October.