Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do people fool-proof LR?

RedRidingHood-1RedRidingHood-1 Live Member

It seems a lot harder to not go to the AC that you remember just because you have memorized it and not because you know the inferences when you repeat the question so how do you repeat without doing that (or should you)? Additionally, I read somewhere about doing parallel arguments during blind review. Can someone give me an example of that? I am finding it hard to picture what exactly that looks like

Comments

• 296 karma

If you watch JY review videos and he tries to fix wrong answer choices or tries to abstract out certain arguments and reduce them to lawgic, I think this is the best way to try to foolproof the LR sections - really engage with them and ask yourself provocative questions about each of the questions.

• nomomnomnomomnom Member
    412 karma

Do you use analytics? I'm not sure if it's the equivalent to foolproofing LR in the same sense, but I've been finding it really helpful going back through previous LR sections I did in the recent three months and reworking the logic and the reasoning especially the day or two before taking a fresh PT. Also I found it really helpful during blind review to really juice the most out of the LR questions and analyze not only the ones you got wrong, but also the questions you spent too much time on compared to target time. Even if you got a four star or a five star question right, I would suggest doublechecking if the reasoning is correct in picking the right AC or if you just lucked out, especially if it's a curvebreaker question. Also helps to confirm with JY's explanation of the question too.

• RedRidingHood-1RedRidingHood-1 Live Member
    173 karma

@nomomnom I don't use analytics yet because I haven't started PT'ing yet but I really like that. I have been trying to write explanations out for questions that I have got wrong (especially question types that I feel less strongly about). Do you think it's worth it to do those questions after a couple of days or just leave it at looking over the explanations?

• nomomnomnomomnom Member
    412 karma

Personally for me what worked in the past and now is redoing them blind without knowing the correct answer choice. I very rarely look back on my explanations or justifications for why the correct answer choice is right and the incorrect answers are wrong, only write them out as it forces me to articulate in detail. But it might be helpful as you go further on your LSAT journey to see how your mindset/reasoning has changed 3 months ago vs now so it's not something that shouldn't be kept or read at all again. I hope this helps!