Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August test day question: breaks?

Hi all,

I have already taken an LSAT Flex test from last October and there was 1 minute breaks in between sections. Does anyone know if there will be 1 minute in between sections on the August test? I know between the 2nd and 3rd section there is a 10 minute break, but I can not find out about the 1 minute. It sounds minuscule but the minute helps me reset my brain for the next section. Thanks you!

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I scoured the LSAC site and couldn't find any info. I also took last October and felt the "reset" minute was very helpful. Since August is the first administration of this test format, that might be something LSAC needs to answer?

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

There should be, that one minute is meant to be used to read the instructions of the section as a formality

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@JMPlaw19 , I believe the timed section starts with the instruction page, so you actually cannot see the instructions on your screen until the 35 minute clock is running. This pause was between sections and just has the option of clicking straight to the next section, or letting the clock run down, in which case it starts automatically.

• rizmollyrizmolly Member
    16 karma

I think the 1 minute break will most likely stay because it is not really considered a "break" but more of a time for you to prepare for the next section