Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT's Week Before Test Scores Dropping

Hi all,

I am taking the August LSAT this weekend. I have been trying to take a PT every other day for the last two weeks and sadly my scores seem to be falling. I was consistently scoring 169-172 and my last two scores have been 166 and 165. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this or having a similar experience?

Comments

• marygracemarygrace Core Member
    5 karma

Hey! I have experienced this as well. I feel that when it gets close to test day, the pressure of the test as well as burn out from studying can really get to you. Take care of yourself and remember that you are going to do great.

• 42 karma

@marygrace Thank you Mary!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Stop PTing so close to the test. As mentioned above, the pressure this close to the test is too mentally exhausting. At most, you should maybe drill 1 section and BR it. It's better to do light work the week before the test

• 54 karma

Which PTs did you take? I experienced the same thing as I moved from PTs from 60s and 70s to 80s.

• 42 karma

@whshin I took PT 80 yesterday and got a 165, but weirdly I scored 169 or 170 in 82, 83, and 84. Starting to think it might just be nerves and burnout. Hoping I can pull through this weekend.

• valeriehevaleriehe Member
    148 karma

yes, don't let it brother you too much. My score went down a week before the June exam and I still scored higher than the previous week average. Just be confident and careful during the exam. No need to over think

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    edited August 2021 340 karma

Don't panic! A lot of folks experience this, do what you can to stay relaxed and take a mental break before showtime!

• 42 karma

@"PROMISED LAND" @valeriehe Thank you guys for the kind words! Good luck to both of you!

• 11 karma

I think it makes sense to take PTs in the week before the test - but I would not expect to make any real advances in understanding at that point. Hence, I would recommend not even checking your scores. You are not taking these tests to learn anything in the week before the test - you are doing it to be in a test-taking routine.
    --> Take tests, but do not check your score. You want to be prepared, not to freak yourself out.