Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Sets Not Found?

Jimmy McGillJimmy McGill Alum Member
All lessons with problem sets are not available. For example, "Main Point and Main Conclusion Question Problem Sets" and "Most Strongly Supported Questions Problem Set" and their corresponding answer pages are saying "page not found". Any ideas what's happening?

Comments

• mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    LSAC no longer allows test questions to be on PDFs. So the PDF files for these questions were removed. The video should still have the question within the video so you can read/see it.
  • Jimmy McGillJimmy McGill Alum Member
    29 karma
    Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the situation with the PDFs, had done some of those problem sets though before, today the pages simply weren't loading. However, everything seems to be fine now. Guess it fixed itself!
  • brendanjbrendanj Alum Member
    39 karma
    I'm having the same problem. I'm aware that the PDF's are gone, but the page the follows each problem set, where the answers and the video links are to be found, seems to have disappeared.
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    Hey sorry, we're in the process of changing the problem sets and one of the caches got out of sync. You should be able to access them again now!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    I'm confused about this. Is the order and content of the problems sets different now? I had completed most of them before, but had a few outstanding. Now I can't see which I've finished and which remain to be done. Is there a way to go back to (or at least temporarily view) the old format?
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    edited June 2015 383 karma
    Oh...never mind...I see the "old problem sets" toward the end there...thanks!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited June 2015 522 karma
    Little confused here, I had all the problem sets done, and now they have been shifted into "old problem sets."

Are the new problem sets still from PTs 1-38?
    29 karma
    yes, any clarification behind the switching up of the Psets? What are the new ones?
  • katherinestein24katherinestein24 Alum Member
    88 karma
    Also confused about this. All of the video explanations have disappeared, too.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Hey everyone, sorry for the confusion. The new problem sets are from 17-35, and the video explanation links are all back now. More information in this thread:

http://7sage.com/forums/discussion/comment/18273/#Comment_18273
  • Moniagui22Moniagui22 Alum Member
    61 karma
    I am having the same problem, the video explanations for MSS questions PrepTest35, 33, 32, 31, 30 & 29 are gone now. I see that new problem sets were added but no video explanations?...
    29 karma
    As a follow up on this thread, can you fix it so that the "Current Lesson" isn't stuck on the old problem sets section now and actually goes to where I am on the syllabus? Would be nice! Thanks.

Also, must say I'm a little disappointed that after purchasing ultimate, some of the content that we paid for is now being removed and being packaged into an even high subscription bracket. I would like to have the hard problems remain in the problem sets that I paid for. I guess they still are included in the old problem sets section, but would be good to have them integrated in the new organizational system.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That's like saying you're disappointed that after buying an iPhone 6 they came out with an iPhone 7 with all new features that you don't get to use. You bought a very specific (and ridiculously cheap relative to other companies) package and aside from the PDFs going away because of LSAC's tomfoolery, you still have literally all the content in the ultimate package that you originally paid for, they simply moved it in order to bring new improvements to the site for newer users. I bought the ultimate package almost a year ago and have not only found it to be a tremendous value, but also I am glad that my money and everyone else's money is able to help them improve their website for future users so that they may continue to be successful, because for the product they deliver, regardless of price, they deserve it.
    edited June 2015 29 karma
    Pacifico, I have to claim a false analogy on that one. It's like them releasing an iPhone 7 that includes the same features as the iPhone 6, but with new shiny software, and then removes some of the already existing features from your 6 (the harder pset questions). You can either pay to get the features back or continue using the old, unshiny software that has since become unsupported.

I suppose I could go digging through the Old Problem Sets section individually in order to find the questions that are not included in the new problem set organization, but come on. That's a lot of effort. The new system could have been a true improvement, offering both a better structure AND more practice questions, but now, by moving these hard questions to the 'Old Problem Sets' section which is no longer a real part of the syllabus, it's half improvement and half pain/revenue boosting scheme.

I'm happy that they're trying to improving the site, obviously, and agree that my purchase is a tremendous value, but I think it's fair state my opinion in order to attempt to affect the changes taking place currently and in the future on the site.

Respectfully,
    Jimmy McGill

Edit: In responding to you, I realize I have likely come off as caring more about this issue than I really do. I do think though that the most difficult questions from the past tests incredibly valuable for studying, and easy access to those questions without paying more money would be highly desirable.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 8021 karma
    I stand by my analogy because I still don't get what is being taken away. In fact it is exactly like when a new iPhone comes out with a new iOS. If you keep your old phone and upgrade to the new iOS you get access to some new features, but not necessarily all of them, and yes it also might make your iPhone a little slower even though there are supposed to be performance enhancements.

There were hard questions embedded in the old problem sets and they are still there just as they were when you purchased them. Since it seems you never had an issue with this setup in the past I don't see why it becomes an issue now that they are adding content in a different way. If you had previously complained that the problem sets were not arranged according to difficulty you might have more of a case but I still think this is much ado about nothing.

P.S. - is that your real name or are you just a big Better Call Saul fan?
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited June 2015 522 karma
    To be fair I think both of you are right in some senses.

I bought the ultimate package in May, which is when I officially began my studying, and now that there's this new shinier package I'm not super happy, but I totally understand at the same time.

If anything it's like an uninformed consumer buying an iPhone 6 a month before the iPhone 7 comes out, and then when the 7 hits the stores, you feel that slight regret in your mind, because you want the latest, the greatest, and shiniest thing!

Personally I'm willing to spend as much money as physically possible on 7Sage prep for the LSAT, so if there are any new packages meaning more content to study, I will buy it. I wouldn't do this for any prep stuff, but 7Sage has allowed me to see massive gains, and I truly trust them.
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    How do I upgrade? I bought the course a while ago and I am not sure which version of package I have bought. I recently resumed studying and saw locked blue lesson. I went to Extensions and Addons to see if I can upgrade, but I only saw "Extend access period" and "LSAT PT explanations," both of which do not seem to be relevant to what I want to upgrade. I also checked upgrade course and was directed to back to the Extension and Addons.
    29 karma
    Not my real name haha, indeed just a big fan of the show.

Luluc, if you bought ultimate, I don't think they've yet to release the upgrade that gives you access to all of the newly created problem sets. I'm curious to see how much it will cost. Not sure if they're creating another whole membership level or will offer those as a small upgrade.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Since everyone is a bit confused, I'm copy/pasting this on threads that it's related to. (That may be why you might see this several times). Here's an explanation of what's going on in short form:

-We are recreating the Problem Sets.
    -You can still access the old problem sets here: http://7sage.com/lesson/old-problem-sets/
    -No, you don't have to go back and complete the new problem sets we added. They are similar to the old one.
    -If you've started with the old Problem Sets, you can continue with the old Problem Sets. That's not to say you can't look at the new Problem Sets / complete the new ones. Feel free. Just letting you know you might see repeated material amongst the new stuff.

Like Alan said, more info in this thread:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/18273
    12637 karma
    @Luluc1234 said:
    How do I upgrade?
    You can upgrade here:
    http://7sage.com/enroll/
    12637 karma
    @"Jimmy McGill" said:
    Can you fix it so that the "Current Lesson" isn't stuck on the old problem sets section now and actually goes to where I am on the syllabus?
    You can go to those lessons and just click "next" at the bottom to make that disappear, or click the green checkmarks next to the lesson from the Syllabus.