Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• rohinbalkundirohinbalkundi Member
    9 karma

RC- LG- LR - LG
    Hoping the magazine one was experimental because i got super confused at the end but honestly felt ok at the end of both
    RC was standard- beginning was a little hard (mightve been jitters)
    LR p standard, was kinda surprised tho

• bravearmorbravearmor Member
    8 karma

@rohinbalkundi said:
    RC- LG- LR - LG
    Hoping the magazine one was experimental because i got super confused at the end but honestly felt ok at the end of both

Was the magazine one, the one with the game piece with a specific Japanese name?
    I'm trying to remember. Because yeah, if it is, it was awful.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

@teeksd9898 said:
    has anyone so far had a non-RC experimental section?

I had LG

• allthewayupallthewayup Member
    26 karma

@rohinbalkundi said:
    RC- LG- LR - LG

Do you remember anything about the other LG other than the magazine one?

• Mo SchaafMo Schaaf Member
    60 karma

Hey did anyone else have to move their desk so their back was facing the door? I have not had to do this for the other two LSATs i've taken online

edited August 2021 90 karma

I had RC-LG-LR-LG

RC (moderate/fair)- African writer, endophytes on grass and leaves, privatization
    LG (relatively easy)- summer camp, musicians, clay tablets, designers
    LR (easy to moderate)- cameras and conspiracies, sanctions, construction bids, committee rules
    LG (easy until BRUTAL last game)- bands, property renovation, (don't remember), security in two buildings

Overall a fair test until that last game (security guards) in LG2 obliterated me and I had to guess on the last 4 questions. Hoping that this was the experimental, any insight anyone? Thanks!

90 karma

@CSieck3507 said:

@laneward6 said:
    RC-LR-LR-LG

If I had to guess I would say that the second LR section was the experimental section. I’ve taken over 30 PTs on here with the four section format and I believe it most closely confirmed to which of the two LRs is the experimental.

The RC Nigerian languages was tough but the LG seemed pretty easy. Made the mistake of skipping to the fourth game thinking it would easier than the third game but when I went back to the third game I found it was actually more simple than i assumed it to be and I ended up having to guess on the last couple.

Had the exact same layout! I think the second LR was experimental as well since it was tough and the questions that were given were not as formulaic as an original LR section.

What was your LG topics if you don't mind?

• dd76ujdd76uj Core Member
    12 karma

Just finished the test, had 2 LG’s and both were ok. Went LG-RC-LG-LR. Feel like every section was pretty fine with no crazy tough outlier to identify and thank god no double RC

• edited August 2021 23 karma

@turvsbro said:
    I had RC-LG-LR-LG

RC (moderate/fair)- African writer, endophytes on grass and leaves, privatization
    LG (relatively easy)- summer camp, musicians, clay tablets, designers
    LR (easy to moderate)- cameras and conspiracies, sanctions, construction bids, committee rules
    LG (easy until BRUTAL last game)- bands, property renovation, (don't remember), security in two buildings

Overall a fair test until that last game (security guards) in LG2 obliterated me and I had to guess on the last 4 questions. Hoping that this was the experimental, any insight anyone? Thanks!

I had the exact same order and experience. That last game was so brutal - I completely panicked and crumbled under the pressure. I'm so worried that section will be scored, because I honestly don't feel confident that I got a single question from that game right. All that to say, I'm right there with you!

• chels.welchchels.welch Member
    6 karma

is it typical to have multiple tests for each test date? it seems like the morning and afternoon tests have been different. how will that allow for a valid comparison between test takers to get a proper scaled score?

• jpelberfeldjpelberfeld Alum Member
    87 karma

2 RCs, one with Krauss's quantum mechanics as the last passage, and one with the Incan Empire. Really hoping the Incan Empire section was the real one.

• dd76ujdd76uj Core Member
    12 karma

@"chels.welch" said:
    is it typical to have multiple tests for each test date? it seems like the morning and afternoon tests have been different. how will that allow for a valid comparison between test takers to get a proper scaled score?

Who knows, I have a feeling that they can do any number of different things and as long as there are enough test takers they can scale it accurately. There probably are more than enough test takers to have several scalable versions, such as even scaling those who take 2 RCs versus those who take 2 LGs

• 10 karma

ok so does anyone know whether the security guard LG game was experimental?

• wsowellwsowell Free Trial Member
    64 karma

Just finished mine. I had two RC. LG, RC, LR, RC.

LG: summer camp, musicians, clay tablets, designers. Found it super easy. game 4 was little challenging at first, but after a couple of minutes I think I cracked it. Had over 5 minutes left, which I have never had before, and LG is my strong suite.

Seems like this was the real one, so I think a lot of you can rest easy lol.

RC1: was Nigerian Languages. I found it a little challenging. I would say 7/10 on difficulty. I think this is the real one because I have seen it so much on here.

LR: was straight forward. Nothing to crazy. I remember have monkey tokens questions.

RC2: was easy than the first, I would say 4-5/10. Nothing to tough. Mandatory disclosers was one of the topics.

• RogueRebelRogueRebel Member
    16 karma

Had LG-RC-LR-RC

Logic Games was stupid easy to me, blew by all the games without much difficulty and expecting -0.

RC, LR, and RC definitely more difficult. I feel like I did slightly better on the second set of RC but still wasn't a favorable experience. Definitely hoping I did better than I'm feeling I did on those, had to use every last second and was left unsure with a decent amount of questions.

• shinxxxxxshinxxxxx Member
    edited August 2021 33 karma

Did anyone with one RC section have Nigerian national language/parasitic cowbirds/photography/quantum physics ? i might've mixed up one of these but it's mainly the nigerian language one i'm curious about.

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

@RogueRebel said:
    Had LG-RC-LR-RC

Logic Games was stupid easy to me, blew by all the games without much difficulty and expecting -0.

RC, LR, and RC definitely more difficult. I feel like I did slightly better on the second set of RC but still wasn't a favorable experience. Definitely hoping I did better than I'm feeling I did on those, had to use every last second and was left unsure with a decent amount of questions.

Do you remember your LG topics by any chance? Specifically security guards as a 4th game

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

@turvsbro said:

@CSieck3507 said:

@laneward6 said:
    RC-LR-LR-LG

If I had to guess I would say that the second LR section was the experimental section. I’ve taken over 30 PTs on here with the four section format and I believe it most closely confirmed to which of the two LRs is the experimental.

The RC Nigerian languages was tough but the LG seemed pretty easy. Made the mistake of skipping to the fourth game thinking it would easier than the third game but when I went back to the third game I found it was actually more simple than i assumed it to be and I ended up having to guess on the last couple.

Had the exact same layout! I think the second LR was experimental as well since it was tough and the questions that were given were not as formulaic as an original LR section.

Dont remember exactly but I know third game had to deal with putting the game pieces into months and then the last game had to deal with the game pieces playing "matches"

• daniel35daniel35 Core Member
    4 karma

Had LG-RC-LR-RC
    logic games seemed pretty straight forward to me had 2 minutes left at the end
    second rc seemed easier than the first

• paulholzmannpaulholzmann Core Member
    16 karma

Just finished! Started at 12:40 Pacific Standard Time.

LG-RC-LR-RC

No LG surprises. All standard. Didn’t seem too bad. This is my worst section and I found it fairly easy. Finished with a couple minutes left.

RC with photography apertures, invading birds.

LR seemed relatively easy, no surprises. Monkey tokens seem to be the remembered one!

RC with number recording via string.

No proctor issues, seemed straightforward!

• 61 karma

I only have 1 LG and my LG was about the fashion boutiques, so I think the security guard thing is an experimental?

@"Vivi says Hi" said:

@allthewayup said:

@Wecandothis said:

@"Vivi says Hi" said:
    Just finished! I had LG-LR-RC-LG

First LG felt a lot harder than the second LG, I didn't have enough time to finish the fourth game so I'm really hoping that is the experimental. I can't remember all the topics but I know that the fourth game dealt with Security Guards/Buildings.

LR seemed standard, nothing out of the ordinary. However, my alarm on my phone went off the last ten minutes and I had to wait until my proctor said it was okay to turn to it off.

RC wasn't too bad. I have the Nigerian Language/Literature, EMFs, Privatization, and the last one was something dealing with trees and Cacao.

Second LG was easy. Campers, Clothing/Retail, Clay Tablets, Musicians/Concerts.

(For those that only had one LG please comment what game themes you had)

I had the exact same test as you. Same 4 RC passages, felt the same about LR. I BOMBED the first LG section. that shit was impossible. second I finished w time to spare. Hoping the first was experimental.

Well, I feel I just figured out the real LG is security guards. I had this game on my second LG though, and I don't recall anything about campers or clay tablets.

Hi do you remember something about fashion items and boutiques/stores?
    I'm still really hoping security guards was experimental...

• 180energyonly180energyonly Member
    122 karma

Tbh reading these comments after the exam is lowkey reassuring haha. Had two LGs, def included that security guard/boutique one and remember fumbling around with it. Def had to guess on those last few q’s.

Overall felt pretty standard ie not like those awful 80s PTs (bless), but nevertheless tough because of nerves, the fact that it was online, etc

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

• PavlelinkPavlelink Member
    10 karma

@turvsbro said:

@CSieck3507 said:

@laneward6 said:
    RC-LR-LR-LG

i think everyone on saturday got political speeches, movie premiers and fencing matches as their LG

• ishaw18ishaw18 Member
    112 karma

For those wondering, someone outside of 7Sage on Reddit had only one RC passage, and it included the Nigerian Language. If you felt that that was the more difficult of the two RC sections (like me) then I hate to break it to you, but it was most likely the real one.

• mynameisdavidmynameisdavid Member
    24 karma

I had two LG's on mine. My order was RC-LG-LG-LR. Anybody who only had one LR section remember any "topics" (as far as we are allowed to disclose them) for their LR section?

• wisterieswisteries Core Member
    edited August 2021 29 karma

Just finished! Order was LG-RC-LR-RC.

LG was fairly easy (not the gaurd one everyone is talking about). First RC was much easier and it had the Nigerian language passage. Second RC was harder so I'm hoping it was experimental. It consisted of passages on birds, sentimentality, mandatory disclosure, and knotting system for counting. LR was nothing out of the ordinary.

• RhizomesRhizomes Member
    edited August 2021 21 karma

LG-RC-LR-RC was the order for my exam today. Felt a lot better about the second RC than the first, but looking at comments it seems that my first RC was the second RC section for a lot of people.

LG felt like a cakewalk after all the prep I've been doing, and LR I felt alright about.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

Tuesday will be a mix of today and yesterday's sections

• LawSchool8LawSchool8 Member
    edited August 2021 192 karma

As a Tuesday test taker, I'm putting it out into the universe that I will get 2 LG sections!!

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

Was the monkey and token LR real?

• shinxxxxxshinxxxxx Member
    33 karma

yeah, i had the monkey/token one in my only lr section

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    edited August 2021 179 karma

I had LG RC LR RC

• IRLIASIPIRLIASIP Member
    edited August 2021 42 karma

I had RC - LG - LR - RC

RC: Nigerian languages, sentence reduction, photography, quantum physics

Definitely the tougher RC section imo. Photography and quantum physics both made my eyes glaze over.

LG: Summer camp activities, musician play times, clay tablets, boutiques

Three games were a breeze. Boutiques thoroughly stumped me for a bit but I’m pretty sure I didn’t do worse than -1.

LR: Studying planets in star clusters, monkey tokens, inclement weather speed limit, roof tiles

Easy LR. Lots of an easy question type.

RC: Cowbirds, sentimentality, mandatory disclosure, Incan Empire

Hated cowbirds, but aside from that it was great. Sentimentality seemed experimental to me, particularly one question that was pretty weird.

Overall a pretty good test. Hope the second RC was the real one.

• ban3rcban3rc Member
    74 karma

does anyone remember how many questions the quantam physics reading had?

179 karma

Yes

@"Mo Schaaf" said:
    Hey did anyone else have to move their desk so their back was facing the door? I have not had to do this for the other two LSATs i've taken online

• Two RC, bombed the first one with sentimentalism and cowbirds (prob got -15ish), but really enjoyed the second RC (nigeria language). RC/RC/LG/LR. Can someone reassure me that the Nigeria language was the real one?

179 karma

Yes, I am hoping the Nigerian one was the real RC section

@shinxxxxx said:
    Did anyone with one RC section have Nigerian national language/parasitic cowbirds/photography/quantum physics ? i might've mixed up one of these but the section i'm curious about definitely included nigerian language/physics.

• Russell SageRussell Sage Member
    44 karma

Wow just finished and I wasn't ready for 2 RC's back to back at first! RC RC LG LR

179 karma

I am hoping for the same thing

@Ijustwantadecentscore said:
    Two RC, bombed the first one with sentimentalism and cowbirds (prob got -15ish), but really enjoyed the second RC (nigeria language). RC/RC/LG/LR. Can someone reassure me that the Nigeria language was the real one?

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

@"Russell Sage" said:
    Wow just finished and I wasn't ready for 2 RC's back to back at first! RC RC LG LR

😭

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

Would love to talk about the Monkey/token LR if anyone has had it.

• Bowles.andreaBowles.andrea Member
    10 karma

I took it on Saturday and had two LR. Overall, I feel confident about the exam although I felt the second LR (section 3 for me RC-LR-LR-LG) was trickier.

• UNAGI___UNAGI___ Core Member
    15 karma

Took it Sunday afternoon. I had RC-RC-LG-LR. RC is my weakest area and having two RCs back to back was…absolute hell 😐

• avidlsatqueenavidlsatqueen Core Member
    58 karma

Hi everyone!

For those of you that had 2 LR sections: what were your RC topics?

• barbsketchbarbsketch Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@prisonmike said:
    Just finished. I was interrupted 4 times in the only RC section I had. Pretty much in every passage. Each interruption was longer than 10 minutes. I had to go back an re-read everything and try to answer the questions. The whole section was a disaster.... The Proctors kept taking control without saying anything and when they tried pausing the test the macbook bar would come up so they would open a bunch of other apps including photos from my phone and Spotify with the clock still counting.

If you think this affected your score should go into your LSAC account, make an official complaint, and request a makeup test.

ProctorU screwed the pooch during my test in June and I was able to redo it a week later.

Also, majorly not cool that they were accessing your personal photos!

• mkchahalmkchahal Core Member
    15 karma

2 LGs.

I had LG-LR-RC-LG. This was my first real exam so I was nervous and had a brain freeze in the first logic games. The fourth game in first section was tough - almost guessed that one. During the 10 minute break I was literally praying for another LG Section as that is my strongest section. I got another LG Section and I did great (atleast I feel so. lol).

My score clearly gonna depend on which one of the two LGs was experimental. I pray it to be the first one. 🙏🏻

• asvab_to_lsatasvab_to_lsat Member
    12 karma

I was actually really happy that I got two RCs, it's generally my strongest area.

RC-RC-LG-LR

But that being said the first RC was way easier than the second one.

I had 14 minutes remaining going into the final logic game but my proctor stopped my test because I was leaning over my scratch paper working and apparently I was off camera. That really threw me off. That last game was rough.

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

I had 2 LG sections which was the best case scenario for me but the first section of it was my first section (first section ever because this was my first test!) and it was BRUTAL even though that's my best area. Last one was great. Just seriously seriously seriously hoping that its the last section that's graded cause otherwise there's just no way I made my score :(

• 96 karma

Does anyone remember their topics for LGs today?

• 10 karma

My proctor did not ask me to rip up the scratch paper I used at the end of the exam. Will there be a penalty for not showing that on camera?