Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What time of the day do you perform best?

whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
edited August 2021 in General 606 karma

Have you noticed that you score better on sections and PTs at a particular time?

I seem to score better in the evenings, though I have on signed up for my LSATs in the mornings (9:30)

In the mornings, I'm groggy - but when I feel good, I do well because I have more energy.
In the evenings I seem to be more focused and 'in flow' - but I am afraid of being tired by the time my test rolls around.

What are your observations?

Pick your poison
  1. What time?116 votes
    1. Early Morning (8-11)
      20.69%
    2. Late Morning (10-1)
      22.41%
    3. Early Afternoon (12-3)
      34.48%
    4. Late Afternoon (3-6)
      12.93%
    5. Evening (After 6)
        9.48%

Comments

• JmockabeeJmockabee Core Member
    16 karma

same here but all of the slots were taken up pretty quickly so 8:45 am is it :(

• rabed18rabed18 Core Member
    19 karma

Unfortunately between 4am - 9am

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

I'mma college student so my brain starts shutting down at 11-12 pm while starting up after 9 am. That 6:20 pm slot is NICE.

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Yeah unfortunately you gotta learn to work with what's available. This test will really do you dirty with time options

• Austin.hutchinson1Austin.hutchinson1 Core Member
    104 karma

Scheduled Tuesday around 5-6pm. Third time taking the LSAT remotely, third time scheduling last day early evening. I know no other way.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited August 2021 606 karma

If this attempt doesn't go well, I'm doing a 6pm test next time. Bad sleep drops my PT scores by 10 points.

606 karma

@"Austin.hutchinson1" said:
    Scheduled Tuesday around 5-6pm. Third time taking the LSAT remotely, third time scheduling last day early evening. I know no other way.

good luck, how were your scores last time? have you compared with PTing earlier on in the day?

606 karma

@tahurrrrr said:
    Yeah unfortunately you gotta learn to work with what's available. This test will really do you dirty with time options

Agreed. Have you noticed score fluctuations according to time of day/quality of sleep?

606 karma

@Jmockabee said:
    same here but all of the slots were taken up pretty quickly so 8:45 am is it :(

good luck! super early my brain diesnt work at 830

1106 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@tahurrrrr said:

Agreed. Have you noticed score fluctuations according to time of day/quality of sleep?

Oh yeah 100%. When I PT around 9am I score higher. If I start a PT later than noon, it gets rough. Especially if I ran errands beforehand. One time, I took PT 88 (already a pretty hard PT) after I had went to bed insanely late the night before and had driven about 3 hours earlier that day. I scored 1 point better than my diagnostic score.

606 karma

@tahurrrrr said:

@whatsmyname said:

i had a similar experience Slept little night before a PT and scored my diagnostic score. Good rest is probably my biggest obstacle with this exam. Good luck to you, did you write it already?

1106 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@tahurrrrr said:

@whatsmyname said:

i had a similar experience Slept little night before a PT and scored my diagnostic score. Good rest is probably my biggest obstacle with this exam. Good luck to you, did you write it already?

I'm not taking the August exam, but I took it in June at like 6pm. Somehow managed to score above my PT average, but it was rough.