Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• j_u_n_i_p_e_rj_u_n_i_p_e_r Member
    15 karma

@jessicamichelle said:
    My proctor did not ask me to rip up the scratch paper I used at the end of the exam. Will there be a penalty for not showing that on camera?

I forgot to do this in June and I just sent an email saying, "I forgot to shred my scratch paper before logging off, I am confirming this has been completed please let me know if there's anything more I can do." Didn't hear anything, got my score on time. But probably worth notifying someone just to be safe.

• j_u_n_i_p_e_rj_u_n_i_p_e_r Member
    15 karma

@"lsatstudying-1" said:
    Does anyone remember their topics for LGs today?

I had 2 sections:

LG 1: Concert openers ,Home renovations, Reporter/Politician assignments, Security guards
    LG 2: Summer camp activities, Musicians and halls, Clay tablets, Fashion boutiques

• Russell SageRussell Sage Member
    44 karma

@j_u_n_i_p_e_r said:

@"lsatstudying-1" said:
    Does anyone remember their topics for LGs today?

I had 2 sections:

LG 1: Concert openers ,Home renovations, Reporter/Politician assignments, Security guards
    LG 2: Summer camp activities, Musicians and halls, Clay tablets, Fashion boutiques

Thats interesting, I had 1 LG and it was your LG 2

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

Looks like LSAC is mixing up experimental LR questions with real LR questions.

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

@UCLAplease said:
    Was the monkey and token LR real?

Yes it was

• opipetteopipette Member
    8 karma

I had to take a no show... an honest nightmare. I actually took the test last year and to be honest with everywhere shut down I didn't have a place or a laptop so I had to borrow one. The same time this year, except I really couldn't hack it. And I spent all my savings and all my pouring into this and they really don't help people who cannot afford a laptop or a place. I tried to call them and they just told me to go a library. But ours were shutdown and don't have private rooms. I wish everyone high scores and their dreams schools whatever they may be. But I think this is it for me. You guys did it though!!!!! wooohooo reward yourself.

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

@"Mo Schaaf" said:
    Hey did anyone else have to move their desk so their back was facing the door? I have not had to do this for the other two LSATs i've taken online

I had to do that. I've never had to do that for any of my previous LSATs.

• timk215555timk215555 Member
    4 karma

@dianao6512 said:
    Just finished. RC-LG-LR-LG. The security guard LG was experimental because that one was insane. The other LG was standard. RC and LR standard (although I swear one of the LR questions at the very end dealing with binding Italian books had a typo, but maybe that is just me)

Ugh - I don't think the security guard LG was experimental, at least, not for me. I only had one LG section, and that game was the 4th one.

• Law schoolLaw school Member
    158 karma

@turvsbro said:
    I had RC-LG-LR-LG

RC (moderate/fair)- African writer, endophytes on grass and leaves, privatization
    LG (relatively easy)- summer camp, musicians, clay tablets, designers
    LR (easy to moderate)- cameras and conspiracies, sanctions, construction bids, committee rules
    LG (easy until BRUTAL last game)- bands, property renovation, (don't remember), security in two buildings

Overall a fair test until that last game (security guards) in LG2 obliterated me and I had to guess on the last 4 questions. Hoping that this was the experimental, any insight anyone? Thanks!

I had exactly the same format . I found the science one difficult and could not get on time to the science passage and by the time I did not have enough time to read properly as I am usually fall behind the time in last passage. I thought the 4 game was a bit challenging but again it took me a while to figure it out and I think it was due-able with having more time. But in overall I could not find much different between 2 LG in terms of difficulty so I am not sure which one I did better but I hope they count the good one!

• edited August 2021 15 karma

@asvab_to_lsat said:
    I was actually really happy that I got two RCs, it's generally my strongest area.

RC-RC-LG-LR

But that being said the first RC was way easier than the second one.

I had 14 minutes remaining going into the final logic game but my proctor stopped my test because I was leaning over my scratch paper working and apparently I was off camera. That really threw me off. That last game was rough.

Hi, did you have the game with security guards?

• g2021107g2021107 Member
    edited August 2021 7 karma

@timk215555 said:

@dianao6512 said:
    Just finished. RC-LG-LR-LG. The security guard LG was experimental because that one was insane. The other LG was standard. RC and LR standard (although I swear one of the LR questions at the very end dealing with binding Italian books had a typo, but maybe that is just me)

Ugh - I don't think the security guard LG was experimental, at least, not for me. I only had one LG section, and that game was the 4th one.

were your other topics about home renovations and headlining bands?

• jordanwbb8jordanwbb8 Core Member
    4 karma

How were the LG's? Did people have a better experience on that section than the RC sections?

• yascha04yascha04 Member
    73 karma

Did anyone else get an email from ProctorU about your "appointment cancelled"... I checked the status of my exam history and it says "status fulfilled" and the notes "session was successfully fulfilled".

I am nervous now as to what the email means!!

• gabbyraegabbyrae Member
    14 karma

@yascha04 this also just happened to me. I am currently trying to connect with proctoru about it through the live chat

• edited August 2021 40 karma

Hi! I also received that email - it looks like it was a clerical error and confirmed that it had no impact/was not a reflection on the test. I was told to just disregard it.

• leodoctormanleodoctorman Member
    19 karma

@opipette said:
    I had to take a no show... an honest nightmare. I actually took the test last year and to be honest with everywhere shut down I didn't have a place or a laptop so I had to borrow one. The same time this year, except I really couldn't hack it. And I spent all my savings and all my pouring into this and they really don't help people who cannot afford a laptop or a place. I tried to call them and they just told me to go a library. But ours were shutdown and don't have private rooms. I wish everyone high scores and their dreams schools whatever they may be. But I think this is it for me. You guys did it though!!!!! wooohooo reward yourself.

You're journey ain't over friend! Keep your head up

• dianao6512dianao6512 Member
    169 karma

@timk215555 said:

@dianao6512 said:

Its so odd because some didn’t have the security guard section, some only had the one easier LG section. So i wonder what that means….

• vgillia1vgillia1 Member
    edited August 2021 88 karma

@opipette they sent an email out about people who need a laptop and they’ll send you a laptop, and they will pay for a hotel room for you to take the exam in…

• legallyafoodie013legallyafoodie013 Core Member
    12 karma

hi! i have a question about the score release, is it true that the date is sept 10? if so i dont understand why the last day to register for the oct lsat is aug 25 and is there is no option for a refund past september 5th. If i'm missing something or if anyone has more info that'd be great!

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

@sdhillon said:

hi! i have a question about the score release, is it true that the date is sept 10? if so i dont understand why the last day to register for the oct lsat is aug 25 and is there is no option for a refund past september 5th. If i'm missing something or if anyone has more info that'd be great!

Because they want your money.

• prisonmikeprisonmike Member
    18 karma

@barbsketch said:

@prisonmike said:
    Just finished. I was interrupted 4 times in the only RC section I had. Pretty much in every passage. Each interruption was longer than 10 minutes. I had to go back an re-read everything and try to answer the questions. The whole section was a disaster.... The Proctors kept taking control without saying anything and when they tried pausing the test the macbook bar would come up so they would open a bunch of other apps including photos from my phone and Spotify with the clock still counting.

If you think this affected your score should go into your LSAC account, make an official complaint, and request a makeup test.

ProctorU screwed the pooch during my test in June and I was able to redo it a week later.

Also, majorly not cool that they were accessing your personal photos!

Thanks. I got approved for the re-take on the 26th.

• mm9749mm9749 Member
    edited August 2021 26 karma

I just finished. Was so nervous my hands were shaking during LG lol. Will probably take it again in October but so happy I made it through this one

• abgarrett20abgarrett20 Member
    4 karma

@jessicamichelle said:
    My proctor did not ask me to rip up the scratch paper I used at the end of the exam. Will there be a penalty for not showing that on camera?

Mine forgot to ask me to show mine in the beginning! He also did not do my recheck-in after intermission until after he put in the password and the clock started running on my exam! I don't think we will be penalized for the proctor's mistakes but it did stress me out.

88 karma

@mm9749 hey! What type of experimental did you have?

• mahipatel59mahipatel59 Member
    16 karma

@mm9749 how was your experience with today’s lsat?

• jbeauchemin24jbeauchemin24 Member
    50 karma

I just finished mine and had LR-LG-LR-RC. My RC included the tough passage on quantum physics. Both LR seemed fairly standard. The last game on logic games was tough but I also think I let my nerves get to me, which meant that I didn’t manage my time that well. I can’t remember all the logic games topics but one of them was on political parties and the other was on genres of movies.

88 karma

@jbeauchemin24 hey did you have the security guard game?

• deweycr18deweycr18 Member
    34 karma

@jbeauchemin24 i had the same test. And @vgillia1 it did not have the security guard game

edited August 2021 606 karma

@mahipatel59 said:

LR-LG-LR-RC

LR1 - seemed tougher than usual, maybe bc it took a bit to get in the zone; wealth tax, conspiracy theory cameras, finnish watches

LG - okish; film exec, fencing game had me puzzled, it seemed to have too many open slots?? kind of guesstimated here, and found myself not using my splits for game 3, which killed a lot of time

LR2 easier, lots of assumption questions; medical v psych, music loudness, name on plaque

RC - texts were tough as hell, but manageable; nigerian lang, prosecutorial, aperture, universe from nothing

Overall, seemed tougher than most 80s in my opinion

• aishstaraishstar Core Member
    21 karma

I sat for the exam on sunday and had 2 LGs, LG-LR-RC-LG... honestly my ideal circumstance but the LR did feel a little difficult. Feel like I did okay on the LGs equally but both of their last games were time sinkers for me that I ended up having to guess some on. The RC was bearable but the final passage about science I almost completely guessed on because the language was so dense. Anyone else felt this way?

• MelissaDMelissaD Member
    22 karma

Just finished! I had RC-RC-LG-LR. Not gonna lie, I was expecting the back to back RCs to kill me but they weren't too bad. Based on everyone's responses I believe the one on Nigerian languages was the tested one. Logic games was fine, I didn't get the notorious security guard question that everyone seems to be talking about which I am so grateful for LOL. Unfortunately my connection disconnected while I was midway through my second game and my proctor took a few minutes to reconnect; I lost a couple of seconds but other than that it was fine. I had to guess for a few questions on the last game. (Was expecting a lot worse!) Logical reasoning was kind of annoying... I had 8 questions that I was unsure about. I'm definitely signing up for the October LSAT to be safe.

edited August 2021 606 karma

@UCLAplease said:
    Looks like LSAC is mixing up experimental LR questions with real LR questions.

no a section has to be statistically coherent and cohesive. they are ranked as a section as a whole. its this congruence that makes it consistent.

50 karma

@deweycr18 how did you feel about the exam? Congrats on finishing

• adamkim13adamkim13 Alum Member
    edited August 2021 38 karma

Hey everyone – just finished and I had RC-RC-LG-LR (exhausting). Have been scoring in upper 160s/low 170s on all the PTs in the 80s, and felt like this one was pretty similar in difficulty to some of those. Not as hard as some of the really crazy PTs in the 80s though. Also, my proctor sucked and didn't answer any of the questions I had. Can't really control that though.

Both RC seemed a little harder than normal. My first RC was definitely the experimental one (birds, highbrow literature). The second RC was the same as other people have said (Nigeria, cameras, prosecution, quantum physics). The second RC was going pretty smoothly until the quantum physics passage. Terminology was kind of overwhelming.

LG seemed okay. I definitely did not have the security guards game. I remember having one on clothing designers and one on camp activities, but I'm blanking on the others. Seems like they mixed in the real questions with the test questions, which is kind of annoying.

LR seemed kind of tough, but I think most of my struggles with this section came from being exhausted after those two RCs at the beginning. Had to make an educated guess at one or two, but felt pretty confident about most questions. Literally could not tell you any of the topics that I saw.

All-in-all: I think this test was definitely on the more difficult end. Congratulations to everyone who got through the test! For any of you who are also feeling a little dissatisfied right now... I'll see you in October (:

PS: Don't forget to do your LSAT Writing thing!

• deweycr18deweycr18 Member
    34 karma

@jbeauchemin24 Thought the 2nd LR was easier but that might be from nerves in the 1st LR. LG was fairly straightforward but I got bogged down in the third game and had to guess a few on the last. Didn’t think RC was too difficult until the quantum physics passage.

• LattechocoLattechoco Yearly Member
    57 karma

I had LR LG LR RC. The RC was terrible! I didn't finish the last passage B (bc I read A then tried to answer as many Qs as I could/ eliminate ACs). That Krause one 😫😫😫

50 karma

@deweycr18 yeah, the physics passage really sucked. Well, at least it’s over!

• @whatsmyname said:

@mahipatel59 said:

LR-LG-LR-RC

LR1 - seemed tougher than usual, maybe bc it took a bit to get in the zone; wealth tax, conspiracy theory cameras, finnish watches

LG - okish; film exec, fencing game had me puzzled, it seemed to have too many open slots?? kind of guesstimated here, and found myself not using my splits for game 3, which killed a lot of time

LR2 easier, lots of assumption questions; medical v psych, music loudness, name on plaque

RC - texts were tough as hell, but manageable; nigerian lang, prosecutorial, aperture, universe from nothing

Overall, seemed tougher than most 80s in my opinion

I had the exact same version of the exam, and I have to agree with your assessments. The first LR was a bit wonkey and didn't feel as concrete as the second. Definitely comparable in difficulty to some of the mid-80s tests IMO.

• 41 karma

@adamkim13 Do you already have an LSAT writing on file? I wrote one about 10 months ago and don't think I'll be re-doing it.

38 karma

@2ndTimeSuccess I don't currently have one on file. Seems like there's really no reason at all to re-do it, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Someone with more experience on this might want to chime in though

606 karma

@"rozier.commercial" said:

I had the exact same version of the exam, and I have to agree with your assessments. The first LR was a bit wonkey and didn't feel as concrete as the second. Definitely comparable in difficulty to some of the mid-80s tests IMO.

do you think LR1 was the experimental one? I suspect because there seemed to be a great variance between the questions in some way that I can't put my finger on it. Or it was the nerves from it being the first section?

How did you do on Game4?

38 karma

@whatsmyname Not sure if this helps at all, but I only had one LR section and I recognize the topics mentioned above in LR1, but none of the topics mentioned above in LR2. I would be willing to bet that LR1 was the real section

• MinyMy11MinyMy11 Member
    8 karma

Just finished my test. I got LR - LG - LR - RC. LG was easy . I don't know about the other sections. Maybe my nerves got the best of me but the LR sections were not easy.

606 karma

@adamkim13 said:

helpsto know! thanks

• 41 karma

Hi everyone! On the LSAC website it says that I need to complete an LSAT writing as soon as possible. But I already have a complete one on file from 10 months ago. Do I need to re-write? Or is it fine to only have one on file?

• josephbraun99josephbraun99 Member
    66 karma

Hello, I just finished. Was the Logic games section with the fencing competition experimental or real?

• josephbraun99josephbraun99 Member
    66 karma

@whatsmyname your first LR is the real section. I also had the LG with the fencing competition, really hoping that's the real one as I certainly did much better on it

606 karma

@josephbraun99 said:
    Hello, I just finished. Was the Logic games section with the fencing competition experimental or real?

real

• 66 karma

@MinyMy11 Do you by any chance remember the questions from your LG section? Did you get something about fencing competitions? I got LR-LG-RC-LG

• 66 karma

@josephbraun99 I really hope that one's real cuz I got two LGs and I def FAILED the first one