Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pace vs. Hofstra

I am admitted to attend Pace Law this fall and received about half tuition scholarship. I am still on the waitlist at Hofstra and have a professor friend of mine (who did his LLM at Pace) tell me that if I get into Hofstra that I should go there, also the firm I work for has hired from Hofstra. I worked all through my undergrad and am still paying off my loans so it is very hard for me to imagine giving up free money. I know I will get an answer from Hofstra any day now and that I will have to decide rather quickly so I need to know my answer. The difference in tuition and without my scholarship would be $109,000 over 3 years ... a huge chunk of change. I am interested in criminal defense and want to get as much hands on experience as possible.

Comments

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

It's not like Hofstra is a T14, and even then price should be the highest consideration if you're in debt. I would go with the cheaper option honestly.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Neither school is in the top 100, so as long as you do well, you will be fine. I would say, never sign up for debt you don't know you can pay off. Agreed with @agc438 , you need to make the smartest decision for your life and future.
    Do be cautious, though, Pace has a greater than 30% scholarship reduction/elimination rate (based on 2017-2019), though I am not sure were their curve lies. Good luck with your decision and congrats!

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

Maybe wait the next cycle kill the LSAT and go to Hofstra